UK Soldier and His Dog (Warning Crying Alert)

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
In my perfect human and dog world, I'd like to believe the dog died because somehow he knew his master wasn't coming back. When I read the part about the guy being upset the dog and he might be separated when he returned, I figured someone stepped in and took care of that problem. I know hokey, but like I said, I'm a sucker for those unreal connections between pets and their owners. The crowds standing on the roadsides with their dogs sent shivers up me.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Wooton Basset is the place where all our dead soldiers come home. It happens quite often. Not specifically the dog - handling tribute, but people standing whilst the hearse goes past.

Hopefully someday soon there will be no need for it.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Wooton Basset is the place where all our dead soldiers come home. It happens quite often. Not specifically the dog - handling tribute, but people standing whilst the hearse goes past.

Not for much longer :( The repatriation flights will be going to a different base soon.

I was in tears watching this on the news last night.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Breaks. your. heart.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Not for much longer :( The repatriation flights will be going to a different base soon.

I was in tears watching this on the news last night.

Which base?

To be honest, I can understand why. It must be getting a bit much for the people of Wooton Basset.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Which base?

To be honest, I can understand why. It must be getting a bit much for the people of Wooton Basset.

for the life of me, I can't remember. :(
The people of Wooton Basset are pretty upset about it. They don't want things to change.

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com

Hopefully someday soon there will be no need for it.

God bless the people of Wooton Basset! I hope one day there will be no need for it too....but I guess that's in a perfect world, which unfortunately we don't live in. I hope the soldier and dog are now digging up bones together instead of bombs.