French speakers???

Crafty

And then there was one
Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for how to say

"Okay, we'll do it tonight." In french. I'm not sure if it matters, but it's a boy (16yo) speaking, and he's talking to a man. I'd like it to be plain french, rather than overly polite. The 16yo planing a heist.

Also, "What was that?" in reaction to a sound that the two conspirators hear, said, again, by the 16 year old.

Thank you for your help

Last edited:

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
D'accord, nous le ferons ce soir. <--- It kind of depends on what you mean by 'OK' I think. D'accord implies actual agreement as far as I know.

Qu'est-ce que c'était? <--- I know that's generally correct, but it might be said differently in real speech :) I'm not native at French, either.

efultz

Registered
Reaction score
If you're looking for a transition word as opposed to literal agreement, Alors or bien are used in that spoken register. backslashbaby's suggestion is correct, but a teenager might not speak that way. "Alors, nous allons faire ca (the c has the squiggle under it, called cedille in french but don't know the English term) ce soir" might be a more teenage version. It literally reads, "Ok/so/then, we're going to do it tonight."

A familiar term for what is "hein?" - "quoi?" would work as well for someone just talking.

Hope that helps!

Becca C.

Registered
Reaction score
I would say "D'accord, on va le faire ce soir" -- it's more informal than "D'accord, nous le ferons ce soir." Depends on the context and character whether you want it to sound formal or not.

Ms Hollands

Cow lover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lefrancophoney.com
I agree with Becca. I don't know many French people who say "nous", all preferring "on" as it's a lot less formal and typical in conversation. If the person is from the North of France, you could consider changing "D'accord" to "Fin" which the northerners like to stick in front of every sentence to mean "okay" or "but" or "yes" or a whole swag of other things!

rosehips

Mr. Boo is watching you.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.upwork.com
I'm looking for how to say

"Okay, we'll do it tonight." In french. I'm not sure if it matters, but it's a boy (16yo) speaking, and he's talking to a man. I'd like it to be plain french, rather than overly polite. The 16yo planing a heist.

Also, "What was that?" in reaction to a sound that the two conspirators hear, said, again, by the 16 year old.

Thank you for your help

Slang: "D'ac. On l'fait ce soir." or "D'ac. C'est pour ce soir."
"C'est quoi ca?" (cedilla under the c in ca) or "Qu'est que c'est?"

Ms Hollands

Cow lover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lefrancophoney.com
Just asked the French boy sitting next to me and he'd use: "OK, on va faire ça ce soir" - the "okay" would always be shortened to "OK" though, just to confirm.

Also, a plainer version of "What was that?" would be "C'etait quoi, ça?" (In English, literally: "It was what, that?").