Gale Haut

waxing digital artistic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.galehaut.com
This! 32:19-35:23

Sorry if there are commercials. But it's worth it. :(

I don't love everything that Glee does when they address LGBTQ issues, but I felt like they really nailed it in this scene in attempting to normalize the father/son gay sex talk.

Last edited:

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Ha, the guy playing the father also starred in Yes Dear. He's pretty awesome.

As for the clip itself, it was a pretty good scene. It would be cool if more parents took that approach.

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
Bravo!

This is how parents should talk to their children. I had the talk with my son and his expressions of horror were comical to witness.

Your baby will always be your baby,no matter what. Nothing should change your love for your child. Although,a child with no sense of fashion would cause me to be distressed.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
That was fantastic. I wish all parents would have that kind of communication with their kids.

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
Good on Glee for this. If one of the parentals had said the half of this, instead of what they did say, I think it could have helped.

Kim Fierce

Attack me with everything you have.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimnflowers.blogspot.com
Oh, wow. Yeah that's not how the conversation went with my family AT ALL! haha. But it ended up being better as time went by.

Belle_91

With her nose stuck in a book
Registered
Reaction score
I think parents should talk to their kids like this about sex reguardless if they are gay, straight, a boy, or a girl. Sex is more then just...well sex, and your first time should be with someone who matters.

Ludicrum

Registered
Reaction score
Such openness and maturity is as rare as it is precious. If only there were more such positive portrayals people could draw inspiration from. There may be a lot less pain in the world if there were.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I keep wanting to see that clip, and finding it isn't playable in Australia. Which is weird because I think we have the best gay kids in the world....

I do remember though when a friend of my son's had The Talk with his mother - and asked her to go tell his father in the kitchen because he couldn't face it.

Father came out, grabbed kid in a hug and said "Jesus, you think I didn't know?" and that was it. Which in restropect is only sad (but is terribly sad) because the kid never knew that dad wouldn't care and had gone through so much anxiety.

*sigh*

Breaks your heart. Even with good parents, what some of these kids have to go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.