Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I just noticed that we (the Romance Forum) have become the second saddest forum of the genres right behind Mainstream/Contemporary. No posts in 12 days!

Come on people...Is romance dead? :kiss:

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
I noticed this too. In a perfect world, all of us romance writers are busy plugging away on our respective stories. I hope this is true. Say it is so. Say it is so! ;)

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Sonarbabe said:
In a perfect world, all of us romance writers are busy plugging away on our respective stories.

<sigh> That must be why I'm spending so much time here. The WIP isn't going as well as I had hoped. I really want to just ditch it but it's awfully hard to walk away from 70,000 words.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
kristie911 said:
<sigh> That must be why I'm spending so much time here. The WIP isn't going as well as I had hoped. I really want to just ditch it but it's awfully hard to walk away from 70,000 words.
I wouldn't walk away, not forever. Maybe you do need to write something else, just to get those creative juices flowing again. But I've actually had this 'funk' in the middle of a book before, and I just made myself write through it, knowing what I write may suck, but I'll fix it later. Doing that, I was back into the story, really involved in it within a couple of days.

I have to admit I don't post here much, but I don't post on any genre's forum much and I could belong to almost all of them. Romance, mystery, suspense, humor, even a touch of horror, also a dash of super natural. When I am forced to shove my books into a category, I say romantic suspense, that's about the closest I can get. I really should try to be better about keeping up with this forum though.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Yeah, I've been busy too. Just finished a mystery short for an anthology for next year, wrote two proposals for the agent to run around to publishers and am working on research for the next book. Color me embarrassed for neglecting you guys! :eek:

I need to get the next lecture posted!

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
Wow! For once, I'm actually right! Woot! We were busy writing. *grin* I've been flip-flopping through a few stories, so my creative juices are flowing...my muse just has ADD, that's all. hehe

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Sonarbabe said:
my muse just has ADD, that's all. hehe

My muse is just very moody and is not speaking to me today. It'll be better tomorrow, fickle little muse.

Status
Not open for further replies.