PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Sheen Appreciation Thread

cmi0616
03-09-2011, 05:20 AM
Yes, there are historic revolutions going on right now in places like Egypt and Libya. Yes, this country seems like it's in more and more trouble each day. Yes, there are far more important things going on in the world right now.

BUT SCREW THAT NOISE, CHARLIE SHEEN IS ON TELEVISION ALMOST EVERY NIGHT.

I mean, any man who claims to be a "warlock with tiger blood and Adonis dna", in my book, is a hero. Yes, I think the man who proclaims that "Dying is for amateurs" clearly deserves his own thread.

So let us all hold hands in worship, and bow down to god himself. Of course, you may only do so if you are a "winner".

jvc
03-09-2011, 05:26 AM
Seems to be a popular topic of late. (We have threads in the movies forum on both Two and a Half Men, and Charlie Sheen getting fired. Plus one in the P&CE forum, too.) If nothing else, the guy is getting a lot of publicity at the moment, mostly, if not all bad publicity, but still, he's the talking topic. Will the bad publicity help him in the long run, or will it spell his final downfall? Only time will tell.

Silver King
03-09-2011, 06:22 AM
Meh. He's an asshole. Can't understand why the media is making such a big deal about him, as if they'd never seen a self-destructive celebrity before.

This song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs) is for Charlie, you asshole.

Willow72
03-09-2011, 06:24 AM
duh!

BenPanced
03-09-2011, 07:06 AM
Oh, this is gonna end in tears...

mscelina
03-09-2011, 07:12 AM
*shrug*

Charlie who? I haven't paid any attention to that rat-bast*rd in about fifteen years. Anything having to do with him is a waste of time and energy.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
03-09-2011, 07:14 AM
Mmm... yeah. Ben, I can't help but suspect you're right.

mscelina
03-09-2011, 07:15 AM
Oh, this is gonna end in tears...

Mmm... yeah. Ben, I can't help but suspect you're right.

Yep. The tears of a clown...

Silver King
03-09-2011, 07:31 AM
Poor Martin. He must be so disappointed.

I imagine him talking to his son and saying, "You stupid fuck. What's the matter with you?"

And Charlie says, "Look at me, Dad. Look at me!"

Dumb fucker.

cmi0616
03-09-2011, 07:32 AM
I imagine him talking to his son and saying, "You stupid fuck. What's the matter with you?"

And Charlie says, "I think it's my Adonis DNA acting up again, pop."

Corrected :P

benbradley
03-09-2011, 08:15 AM
Yes, there are historic revolutions going on right now in places like Egypt and Libya. Yes, this country seems like it's in more and more trouble each day. Yes, there are far more important things going on in the world right now.

BUT SCREW THAT NOISE, CHARLIE SHEEN IS ON TELEVISION ALMOST EVERY NIGHT.

I mean, any man who claims to be a "warlock with tiger blood and Adonis dna", in my book, is a hero.
And I think any man who says "A..."
<okay, just this one time, I WON'T get up on my Hobby Horse, I won't, I won't, I won't. I can do this, One Day At A Time. wait, no, I didn't just say that...>

Yes, I think the man who proclaims that "Dying is for amateurs" clearly deserves his own thread.
I so agree, Ray Kurzweil definitely deserves his own thread! I only wish there were a screening of "Transcendent Man (http://transcendentman.com/)" in the Atianta area. I'll have to be content with streaming or a DVD.

bettielee
03-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Major League was the sh!+.

cmi0616
03-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Major League was the sh!+.

Indeed it was.

As luck would have it, Charlie got officially canned yesterday from the Two and A Half Men gig. No matter, he plans to sue for hundreds upon millions of dollars, which will no doubt be awarded to him. Who knows what the future holds for Sheen, except, of course, winning.

All hail Sheen!

Don Allen
03-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Meh. He's an asshole. Can't understand why the media is making such a big deal about him, as if they'd never seen a self-destructive celebrity before.

This song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs) is for Charlie, you asshole.

I don't know S.K... Asshole is a name we bandy about and apply to so many individuals with lesser standing than Charlie, I'm not sure it's an appropriate description of the man or all he has accomplished.

An asshole actually has a function: Charlie Sheen does not.

An asshole can be a source of admiration: Charlie Sheen is not.

An asshole is the orifice in which shit is removed: Charlie sheen isn't going anywhere.

An asshole shuts it hole when finished talking shit: Charlie Sheen seems incapable of this simple task.

Finally, even the most stubborn assholes Know when their asses have been kicked, and go away: Do I have to say it?

No Silver, I think Charlie has sunk way below assholism.

Come to think of it, he may just be bordering on becoming a politician.

SHEEN FOR CONGRESS: THE CLEAN MEAN FIGHTING MACHINE,
VOTE 2012.......

CaroGirl
03-09-2011, 05:08 PM
I don't know why we waste so much time thinking about, writing about, talking about, watching on TV, a man so abhorrent and represensible, I feel like I need a shower just hearing his name.

He's clearly got both addiction and mental health issues. The public parade is sad and embarrassing.

Maryn
03-09-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm embarrassed to admit that when I realized I'd seen the Law & Order: Criminal Intent episode, I switched to the Dr. Drew special on what he believes the nature of Sheen's mental health problem to be and what treatment is advised, plus what's likely to happen if he does not receive treatment.

I'd have watched a similar show on Gaddafi, if there'd been one.

Maryn, not 100% shallow

KellyAssauer
03-09-2011, 07:40 PM
The difference between a person who can portray a fictional character,
and a person who is that fictional character is called acting.

and that's all I'm saying.

That, and of course:

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/156/e/9/Craig_Ferguson__CBS_Cares_by_McAddicted.png

Button
03-09-2011, 07:54 PM
What's a television?

;)

We've got one in the bedroom and turn it on for maybe a half hour before bed to watch The Office or Family Guy depending on what time we are up.

Thought I can't imagine anyone wanting to work with the guy.

'cept maybe Mel Gibson.

NeuroFizz
03-09-2011, 08:01 PM
I don't know S.K... Asshole is a name we bandy about and apply to so many individuals with lesser standing than Charlie, I'm not sure it's an appropriate description of the man or all he has accomplished.

An asshole actually has a function: Charlie Sheen does not.

An asshole can be a source of admiration: Charlie Sheen is not.

An asshole is the orifice in which shit is removed: Charlie sheen isn't going anywhere.

An asshole shuts it hole when finished talking shit: Charlie Sheen seems incapable of this simple task.

Finally, even the most stubborn assholes Know when their asses have been kicked, and go away: Do I have to say it?

So I guess this makes Adonis Sheen a colon polyp.

Don Allen
03-09-2011, 08:02 PM
I don't know why we waste so much time thinking about, writing about, talking about, watching on TV, a man so abhorrent and represensible, I feel like I need a shower just hearing his name.

He's clearly got both addiction and mental health issues. The public parade is sad and embarrassing.

I admit the fascination. I'm totally into it, like train wrecks, car crashes, and naked old people, it gets my attention....

But I'm the kind of person who stands at the bottom of a tall building and cheers on the jumper, yeah i know.... It was my upbringing.

JoeEkaitis
03-09-2011, 10:58 PM
Nothing a ghost-authored children's book with a message and a good cry on Oprah won't fix.

writerterri
03-09-2011, 11:50 PM
I just wanted to be post #22.

cmi0616
03-10-2011, 12:08 AM
Kidding aside for a moment, are there others who think maybe, just maybe, Charlie Sheen ISN'T crazy. That maybe when you watch the interview in it's entirety, it seems like he's just fucking with the reporter more than anything else? That just maybe nobody is crazy enough to claim that they are a "Warlock with tiger blood and Adonis dna" and actually mean it?

Yes, the man obviously has a drug problem/other addictions that he needs to sort out. But as far as all the diagnoses go... i'm just a bit skeptical is all. It seems to me that Charlie was just having fun with the American media, notorious for taking lines out of context and creating things that aren't really there.

writerterri
03-10-2011, 12:24 AM
Kidding aside for a moment, are there others who think maybe, just maybe, Charlie Sheen ISN'T crazy. That maybe when you watch the interview in it's entirety, it seems like he's just fucking with the reporter more than anything else? That just maybe nobody is crazy enough to claim that they are a "Warlock with tiger blood and Adonis dna" and actually mean it?

Yes, the man obviously has a drug problem/other addictions that he needs to sort out. But as far as all the diagnoses go... i'm just a bit skeptical is all. It seems to me that Charlie was just having fun with the American media, notorious for taking lines out of context and creating things that aren't really there.

You're sitting with him right now aren't you?

Wayne K
03-10-2011, 12:30 AM
Charlie Sheen is a lightweight. Thank dog there weren't cameras everywhere when I was on a run.

I wonder how much attention he'd get if he got with the program and bought his drugs from a legal dealer. Doctors have the AMA doing their PR is the only difference

cmi0616
03-10-2011, 01:07 AM
You're sitting with him right now aren't you?

Charlie and I don't sit. We shoot up 3 kilos of heroin and then have massive orgeys. Ya know, we "only have 1 speed: GO."

backslashbaby
03-10-2011, 01:09 AM
Wayne is the wise man here as far as I'm concerned. Lightweight. No shootouts, kidnapping, naked public fountain-dancing, trying to break into a drug dealer's house, waking up naked in the middle of a church, or jumping off of cliffs or roofs? Psshht. That was the scene in high school alone here.

Wayne K
03-10-2011, 02:09 AM
Wayne is the wise man here as far as I'm concerned. Lightweight. No shootouts, kidnapping, naked public fountain-dancing, trying to break into a drug dealer's house, waking up naked in the middle of a church, or jumping off of cliffs or roofs? Psshht. That was the scene in high school alone here.

Oh, I was going to ask if you've read my memoir.

Wayne K
03-10-2011, 02:09 AM
The naked in church thing was never proven and I don't remember it

Soccer Mom
03-10-2011, 02:13 AM
Well, there was that time Charlie Sheen "accidentally" shot his fiancee (http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b159724_charlie_sheens_troubles_are_nothing_new.ht ml); Seriously, there is more wrong with this guy than just a substance abuse problem

cmi0616
03-10-2011, 02:29 AM
Well, there was that time Charlie Sheen "accidentally" shot his fiancee (http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b159724_charlie_sheens_troubles_are_nothing_new.ht ml); Seriously, there is more wrong with this guy than just a substance abuse problem

I'm willing to believe it was, in fact an accident. 2% of all firearm related deaths in this country are accidental, which is a sizable figure considering how many people guns kill each year. It's like the Plaxico Burress thing, if you're into football. Everyone talked about what a jackass he was for shooting himself in the leg, when the truth is that accidents like that are far too common.

Maryn
03-10-2011, 02:41 AM
You don't think there's a serious problem with a guy waving a loaded gun around when he's pissed at his wife? Whether he intended to shoot isn't the entire issue.

Maryn, who needs to be packing, not at AW, but the pull is strong...

benbradley
03-10-2011, 02:46 AM
There's news that comedian Mike Destefano has died (I don't even know how popular this guy was, not sure if he ought to have his own thread):
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1659397/mike-destefano-dead.jhtml

Perhaps along similar lines (no pun intended...) of Charlie, here's a Youtube from him from last July, also aimed at, um, I suppose in Charlie's words they would be "A* N*z*'s." He mentioned the "intherooms" recovery-oriented website at the beginnning, I'd never heard of it before (but then there's bazillions of websites I've never heard of). Note foul language in the video. Here's the Youtube description:

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed by Mike DeStefano are not necessarily the opinions of InTheRooms.com, or anyone else on the planet for that matter.

This video contains foul language and sharp opinions. Please watch at your own discretion.

Catch Mike DeStefano this summer on NBC's Last Comic Standing, Monday Nights at 9PM ESThttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSXJ4Zsy36w

But there's something there that reminds me of Charlie's rants.

cmi0616
03-10-2011, 03:44 AM
You don't think there's a serious problem with a guy waving a loaded gun around when he's pissed at his wife?

Im not a gambling man, but if I were, I'd bet that he was intoxicated during the incident, which in my mind makes it more of a drug problem than it does Bipolar Disorder or manic depression, or whatever other mental illness the tv shrinks are diagnosing him with.

Cliff Face
03-10-2011, 04:01 AM
I agree with whoever said that the "Tiger blood / Adonis DNA" thing was probably just him screwing with the reporter. To me, he seems like he carries a fair amount of anger in him. I know when I've been angry, I've grown frustrated, which leads to wanting to just be a dick and lie my arse off.

I mean, if the media were hounding me, trying to tell the public I was an evil, deranged jerk or whatnot (whether it was true or not) I'd consider just fucking with the media...

All that said - I haven't watched that interview (nor do I intend to - I don't care enough) and Charlie could be a little crazy. Who knows?

But keep in mind - doesn't it make sense for a guy who constantly plays comic characters on TV to screw with the media?

It makes sense to me. It doesn't excuse anything, sure... but that's what I think.

FocusOnEnergy
03-10-2011, 04:34 AM
Charlie Sheen, the self-proclaimed Malibu Messiah, is the new pagan deity of Crazy, he is made of #winning, and #tigerblood runs in this veins. His webcasts are far more entertaining (you are either in #SheensKorner or you are with the trolls) than the interviews, because watching a celebrity go completely batshit insane is the ultimate reality show. Which reminds me, I still haven't watched yesterday's episode of Torpedoes of Truth.

Wow...he combed his hair and he's far more eloquent in his crazy than the day before.

He at least deserves kudos for giving us some fresh catchphrases.

WINNING!

Focus

rhymegirl
03-10-2011, 04:54 AM
So, let's see.

There is a thread about Charlie Sheen on the Movies and TV board. There is also a thread about Charlie Sheen on the Politics and Current Events board.

AND there is a thread on Charlie Sheen in Office Party.

What does that tell you?

writerterri
03-10-2011, 05:04 AM
So, let's see.

There is a thread about Charlie Sheen on the Movies and TV board. There is also a thread about Charlie Sheen on the Politics and Current Events board.

What does that tell you?

He's appreciated?

Silver King
03-10-2011, 05:05 AM
...What does that tell you?
If his goal was to make people talk about him in a disparaging fashion, it has worked brilliantly thus far.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
03-10-2011, 05:11 AM
It tells me ol' Charlie is crazy like a fox. He'll land on his feet, be the media darling again eventually, and settle into a more or less boring old age.

Or he'll huff, rub, shoot, smoke, snort, hit, threaten, or screw the wrong substance/person and end up dead, after which the media will moan and beat their breast, declaring him the Greatest Comedic Actor to ever trod the boards while lamenting loudly the public's inability to understand his tortured genius.

Either way: winning!

benbradley
03-10-2011, 05:23 AM
If his goal was to make people talk about him in a disparaging fashion, it has worked brilliantly thus far.
You don't diss Bill W. Big Brother.

cmi0616
03-10-2011, 05:30 AM
So, let's see.

What does that tell you?

He's a legend.

benbradley
03-10-2011, 08:35 AM
I found it, The Epic-Winning-Overload Site:
http://mediumlarge.wordpress.com/2011/02/24/cats-quote-charlie-sheen/

RLM777
03-11-2011, 12:41 AM
So, let's see.

What does that tell you?

That Charlie Sheen is bi-winning!

stormie
03-11-2011, 12:57 AM
I just wanted to be post #22.
And you are. :Clap: Dork!

Charlie Sheen makes almost everyone else in the world look sane.

Aylaa
03-11-2011, 04:13 AM
I guess he has some cooking show on the web now. Makes me remember some old SNL skit he did a couple years ago.

rhymegirl
03-11-2011, 04:56 AM
I didn't hear any Charlie news today. I guess he took a break.

Victoria
03-11-2011, 05:07 AM
Everybody hatin' on Charlie. Poor guy. Personally, I think the man has talent. I'd really like to see him in a serial killer role, something macabre, intensely psychological and disturbing. He's got those eyes, ya know? Oh, and that smile belongs on a demon, creepy ass smile. Sure I think he's got some...issues, but that doesn't change the fact that, IMO, the man can act. Um, should I brace for nasty backlash now? *ducks behind couch, shielding head with VHS copy of Red Dawn*

Silver King
03-11-2011, 05:35 AM
...Um, should I brace for nasty backlash now?
*Makes note to ban Victoria from ever posting in Office Party again.*

Victoria
03-11-2011, 07:22 AM
*Makes note to ban Victoria from ever posting in Office Party again.*

Love you too, puddin'. :heart:

Silver King
03-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Love you too, puddin'. :heart:
*Makes a note to un-ban Victoria from Office Party because she called me "puddin'" when I was teasing her.*

stormie
03-11-2011, 05:55 PM
*Makes a note to un-ban Victoria from Office Party because she called me "puddin'" when I was teasing her.*

Okay, everyone, take note: Call SK "puddin' " and he won't ban you from OP.

Silver King
03-12-2011, 05:59 AM
Okay, everyone, take note: Call SK "puddin' " and he won't ban you from OP.
That term of endearment melts my heart. Reminds me of some of my older female relatives who called me that as kid while they hugged me half to death and pressed my face into their bosom until I could hardly breathe while drowning in all of that fleshy, perfumed cleavage.

Cella
03-12-2011, 06:07 AM
I didn't hear any Charlie news today. I guess he took a break.:ROFL:

Everybody hatin' on Charlie. Poor guy. Personally, I think the man has talent. I'd really like to see him in a serial killer role, something macabre, intensely psychological and disturbing. He's got those eyes, ya know? Oh, and that smile belongs on a demon, creepy ass smile. Sure I think he's got some...issues, but that doesn't change the fact that, IMO, the man can act. Um, should I brace for nasty backlash now? *ducks behind couch, shielding head with VHS copy of Red Dawn*
Terminal Velocity was good, too...at least I thought so when I was nine. Haven't seen it since...

That term of endearment melts my heart. Reminds me of some of my older female relatives who called me that as kid while they hugged me half to death and pressed my face into their bosom until I could hardly breathe while drowning in all of that fleshy, perfumed cleavage.
mmm....I see Victoria has some expectations to live up to...

(welcome to AW, Victoria :hi:)

rhymegirl
03-12-2011, 06:13 AM
Let's start a pudding thread!

Silver King
03-12-2011, 06:26 AM
Let's start a pudding thread!
If you do, Jen might move it to the Cooking forum.

rhymegirl
03-12-2011, 06:30 AM
If you do, Jen might move it to the Cooking forum.

Ah. Yeah, that might happen.

How about a nickname thread? As in what's your favorite nickname.

Silver King
03-12-2011, 06:40 AM
Ah. Yeah, that might happen.

How about a nickname thread? As in what's your favorite nickname.
Fishy-Puddin'. But if you start one like that, Jen will close it for sure. There's just no getting around the rules, I'm afraid.

benbradley
03-12-2011, 07:33 AM
Everyone wants to visit Charlie, including the LAPD!
http://www.musicrooms.net/showbiz/28547-Charlie-Sheen%E2%80%99s-home-searched-by-police.html

benbradley
03-12-2011, 07:47 AM
Who do you think is freakier - Charlie Sheen, or THIS guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZlLNVmaPbM&feature=player_embedded

Cella
03-12-2011, 07:50 AM
Who do you think is freakier - Charlie Sheen, or THIS guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZlLNVmaPbM&feature=player_embedded
this is the most annoying person I have never met.

benbradley
03-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Here he (Annoying Person) is again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzwK02OYrTk&feature=player_embedded

Victoria
03-13-2011, 11:53 PM
Silver King, you go right ahead and plant your puss between my Chantilly scented 38 Ds, and I will do my best to make you feel like puddin' again. I may not be an elderly relative, but I do know how to make a man feel like he's home.

Disclaimer...Any respone or reaction, emotional or physical, other than that intended by the possessor of the bosoms, is the sole responsibility of the face planter, and shall in no way be rectified or satisfied by said possessor.

Ambrosia
03-14-2011, 01:03 AM
I think Charlie Sheen has talent also. I enjoyed him in Two and a Half Men. I believe it abhorrent the way the media makes a circus out of celebrities having melt downs and problems. They are just people. People who have jobs that are very stressful due to living their lives in a fishbowl. Leave them alone for pity's sake.

SP, I worry about you.

Pudding, anyone?
http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv13/NectarOfGods/food/pudding.jpg

writerterri
03-14-2011, 08:46 PM
When he gets off the drugs and comes back to earth he'll realize what he's done even if he doesn't admit it.

He'll just have to join the pow-wow with the rest of the used up ex druggies.

I'm sure Dr. Drew wants to get a hold of him by now.

CACTUSWENDY
03-14-2011, 09:04 PM
He is now on tour and will donate $1.00 from each ticket price to the earthquake area. Come on Charlie, with your money you could donate allllll the price of a ticket and come out as a caring person. From what is being said, he sold out in like 18 min. on two of the concerts. Like I would want to hear him rave on and on about life, tiger blood, etc.. I don't think so.

benbradley
03-14-2011, 09:26 PM
When he gets off the drugs and comes back to earth he'll realize what he's done even if he doesn't admit it.
What has he done? Drank too much tiger blood? Or maybe it was tiger piss...

He'll just have to join the pow-wow with the rest of the used up ex druggies.
You mean all the ones drinking coffee and saying they're grateful to be alive in the basement of some Hollywood church?

I'm sure Dr. Drew wants to get a hold of him by now.
Dr. Drew, Dr. Phil, Oprah, John Bradshaw, Deepak Chopra, ...

Xelebes
11-17-2015, 05:05 AM
So today we found out what is in the "tiger blood".

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/report-charlie-sheen-announce-hes-181650138.html

Also, it seems that he may in fact be the patient zero in a couple of the HIV outbreaks in the adult film industry in the last couple years.

regdog
11-17-2015, 03:17 PM
Just a note of curiosity. From the reports I've seen, he received the HIV diagnosis 4 years ago. Makes me wonder if that is what fueled the complete meltdown he had at that time.

Not saying it as an excuse, he has had drug and alcohol problem for many years previous.