Oh my goodness - 51 hours

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

spectrefox

Registered
Reaction score
I for one, didn't know such a law existed in the USA. I'm extremely happy to know that it does.

Although some will say the man is just giving up, I think it's better to end your life knowing what is going on around you and being able to leave a last image to your family that shows you as lucid and alive, not suffering and doped up on drugs. I applaud the man.

The comments are also heartwarming AND heartwrenching at the same time.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
people are sending him photos from all around the world. He wants to see the sunset at Keywest again, people sent him links to web cams, he wishes he would have seen the northern lights, he got links. they have a google map where people put a pin in their location for him.

the questions and the answers are so frank, honest, heartfelt. It's just so touching. It's his way of reaching out to the rest of the world since he can't go out himself. He joins a site, says, "Ask Me Anything" and the response is really just astounding.

wow.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure I will not win any prizes for my opinions on this subject. I feel it is the right for a person to end their life if they so see fit. I know this sits wrong with many and I respect those of you that feel that way. I can only reply for myself and my own view point.

The older I get, and I am getting old, the more truth I see in this type of choice. Until you walk in another's shoes you don't know/understand all the inside stuff. We are all made up of a million different things/thoughts and must each walk our own walk. I hope this man got to achieve all he wanted by this mode of ending. To each their own. IMHO

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I agree. And to me, the topic of his choice isn't really the powerful one here (though it is very powerful, i didn't post about this for that discussion); it's that he is choosing to spend his last couple of days with a forum of strangers answering questions, seeing the world through their eyes, whether its sunsets or pinpoints on a google map and being a part of his world in the only way he can right now. To me, that's more powerful than how he dies.
I found it very touching.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hope they can protect his identity well enough that he'll be able to spend his last hours with loved ones and not have a media mess to deal with. I don't know why that occured to me, but it did. I hope he gets to keep his peace.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
The forum doesn't require contact information, so if he doesn't share it, it doesn't look like anyone else will be able to. (hopefully).

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have a home, it was consumed in medical bills.

That hit me... This is so sad... :( I'm glad I found this thread and read through some of the comments though... There was a point where he was giving advice to someone who knew someone who was considering suicide, and that helped me a lot today... Thank you for posting this.

~Amber~

PoppysInARow

Book Reviewer y'all
Registered
Reaction score
This is heartbreaking. It's beautiful that he's reaching out, but I find it a true testament to humanity that so many people are reaching back.