Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
I pulled three all-nighters/all-dayers this week. My in-laws had to pick day-before-deadline day to come visit, right? ;) (I love 'em, so I didn't even tell 'em.)

I have some good newses:

1. No one has to kill Mike.

Well, you didn't know that you were supposed to have to kill Mike (rtilryarms), but it's okay because it's been called off. I've been waiting to go to sleep until I heard from him because he's the last person who didn't send me a bio, and I didn't want to send Lulu the manuscript without it. So I was becoming further sleep deprived and increasingly wacky, and was about to post a message asking people to please hunt him down. But Mike has now sent me his bio, so no killin' necessary.

2. Not one person pulled work from the anthology.

100% of the e-mails I received after announcing the Red Cross change were supportive and positive. We're all still on board. :) I wanted to wait until the deadline had passed in 3 time zones to make that official announcement. Thank you all for your trust.

3. We have a budget.

The kindly anonymous donor who I mentioned earlier has indeed donated $250 toward the cost of review copies. So anyone who wants copies to go to their local media but can't afford it, we have funding! Thank you, kindly anonymous donor!

4. I'm applying for grants.

It's a long-shot because we're not a registered nonprofit, but there are some individual grants I'm going to apply for on our behalf. I looked into the steps it would take to become a registered nonprofit, and I can't do it-- ironically, it's expensive to become a charity! I've written to my bank to ask how to set up a fund-- I know nothing about this, but I see that people do set up funds where people can contribute toward medical expenses, funeral expenses, scholarships, etc., so I think it should be possible for me to set up an SoS account for something like this. If there are costs and monthly fees involved, though, it may be more practical to handle things through a separate PayPal account, which was my back-up plan anyway.

5. - and most significant - The manuscript is... FINISHED!

I've proofread till the cows came home, and Katiemac and Alphabet helped. In about 30 seconds, I'm sending the file to Lulu. I figured I'd post here first to mark the monumental occasion. ;)

So... go, team! Round 1 is finished, and I'd say it's a victory.

Last edited:

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
:) :hi: :Hail: :Hail: :Hail: :Hail: :Hail: :Hail: :Hail: :Hail: :Hail: :ROFL: :hooray: :hooray: :hooray: :hooray: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: ;) :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy: :Trophy: :Trophy: :Trophy: :Trophy: :Trophy: :Trophy: :Trophy: :Trophy: :Trophy: :Trophy: :Trophy: :Coffee: :Coffee: :Coffee: :Coffee: :LilLove: :LilLove: :LilLove: :LilLove: :LilLove: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :TheWave: :TheWave: :TheWave: :TheWave: :TheWave: :TheWave: :Jaw: :Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheer: :Cheer: :Cheer: :Cheer: :Fairydust :Fairydust :Fairydust :PartySmil :PartySmil :PartySmil :PartySmil :PartySmil :PartySmil :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :Cake: :Cake: :Cake: :Cake: :Cake: :Cake: :Cake: :Cake: :Cake: :Cake: :Cake: :Cake: :Cake: :Cake: :roll: :roll: :roll: :Guitar: :Guitar: :Guitar: :Guitar: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :Sun: :Sun: :Sun: :Sun: :Sun: :Sun: :Sun: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Yay!!!! Awesome news all around, Jenna! Glad Mike dodged the bullet, too.

no need to post a smilie--Biotales handled that nicely. lol

CharmianChristie

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.charmian-christie.com
Wonderful news Jenna. Thanks not only for the detailed update, but for the hard work you put into making this project a reality. You're quite the inspiration.

Charmian - who can't function on less than 7 hours' sleep a night.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Okay, if I wasn't delirious before, biotales definitely just pushed me over the edge.

I would like to thank the makers of fine 7-11 coffee, to whom I owe my freakish stamina.

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
JennaGlatzer said:
Okay, if I wasn't delirious before, biotales definitely just pushed me over the edge.

I would like to thank the makers of fine 7-11 coffee, to whom I owe my freakish stamina.

Hey just doing what ever I can to help......

Kim Gogo

Lady of the North
Registered
Reaction score
This is the second time in the last five days that I have typed a response only to have the system lose its access and the message ends up lost.

Instead of typing the whole freakin' response again, suffice is to say, thank you, Jenna for keeping us in the loop, when we're rabidly interested in knowing how things are progressing. It's quite exciting to know that Lulu has their little hands on it now, too! :)

kim

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
YAY!!! Yipee! I might be doing the Delaware author's day, the first week of November. My own book... probably won't be ready quite by then, but I'll still do promotion - see the artwork, get a bookmark, give me your address, type stuff.

I would love to be able to have copies/promote SoS stuff too! I won't know for definate for a week or so, but this is GREAT!!!

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yippee!! *pick your favorite smiley from biotales' post and insert it here*

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Jenna--SoBe NoFear, in the tallboy can: B-vitamins, herbal stimulants, 430 mg caffeine. You don't even wanna know how much sugar.

It tastes awful, but you get used to it.

Last edited:

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
//1. No one has to kill Mike.//

Do you know what it takes to harm me? Put 'em up! Put 'em up.

//Well, you didn't know that you were supposed to have to kill Mike (rtilryarms),//

It was a gag order. OK gang, at the count of 3, everyone gag. 1....2......

//but it's okay because it's been called off.//

Dang it. what am I to do for excercise before my morning coffee?

//I've been waiting to go to sleep until I heard from him because he's the last person who didn't send me a bio, and I didn't want to send Lulu the manuscript without it. So I was becoming further sleep deprived and increasingly wacky, and was about to post a message asking people to please hunt him down. But Mike has now sent me his bio, so no killin' necessary.//

Wait 'till you see my bio. It'll kill ya!

Sorry Jenna, I was trying to keep a low profile.

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Jenna. I don't see how you're doing it, with your own work and all. The dedication is commendable. Now go get about 3 days of sleep, relaxation, hubby time and Jenna time! :D

Ken Schneider

Absolute sagebrush
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wereeeeeeeeeeee off.

Great job everyone.

Now what? lol.

To Jenna, Mac, and all who worked really hard on this wonderful project.

I bow in humble thanks.

Last edited:

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
biotales said:
:) :hi: :Hail: :Hail: :Hail: :Hail: :Hail: :Hail: :Hail: :Hail: :Hail: :ROFL: :hooray: :hooray: :hooray: :hooray: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: ;) :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy: :Trophy: :Trophy: :Trophy: :Trophy: :Trophy: :Trophy: :Trophy: :Trophy: :Trophy: :Trophy: :Trophy: :Coffee: :Coffee: :Coffee: :Coffee: :LilLove: :LilLove: :LilLove: :LilLove: :LilLove: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :TheWave: :TheWave: :TheWave: :TheWave: :TheWave: :TheWave: :Jaw: :Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheer: :Cheer: :Cheer: :Cheer: :Fairydust :Fairydust :Fairydust :PartySmil :PartySmil :PartySmil :PartySmil :PartySmil :PartySmil :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :Cake: :Cake: :Cake: :Cake: :Cake: :Cake: :Cake: :Cake: :Cake: :Cake: :Cake: :Cake: :Cake: :Cake: :roll: :roll: :roll: :Guitar: :Guitar: :Guitar: :Guitar: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :Sun: :Sun: :Sun: :Sun: :Sun: :Sun: :Sun: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

Ummmm... I echo these sentiments. I got dizzy looking at it so I didn't want to attempt trying to copy. Will a quote do as well?

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
GGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeezzz guys can't I show a little love an excitement here.... I mean.... wheres the love....

Status
Not open for further replies.