Credits for cover letter - mixed genres?

M.A.Gardener

Registered
Reaction score
I write under a pseudonym in one genre and my real name in another genre. Should I include my writing credits for each genre in my cover letter? I don't have very many, so I want to make sure they know I really am getting published!
m.a.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
I would. I would list it something like: "My credits include (w/a Becky Smith) How I spent my summer vacation...; and (w/a Tammy Jones) Top of the Mornin' to you!" The "w/a" is "writing as," and since pen names are common in both book and magazine publishing, the editor will want to know. Good luck!

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Cathy C said:
I would. I would list it something like: "My credits include (w/a Becky Smith) How I spent my summer vacation...; and (w/a Tammy Jones) Top of the Mornin' to you!" The "w/a" is "writing as," and since pen names are common in both book and magazine publishing, the editor will want to know. Good luck!

I agree with Cathy C--I've written books under a variety of different names and ghosted others, and I either use w/a or "ghostwriter" after the title. The important thing is to get your credits out there--when I review a proposal I always check credits. If you don't include them, the editor won't know about them (obviously). Good luck!