Did the agent lose the love?

Newriter1

Registered
Reaction score
I accepted an offer from an agent and since then have heard nothing for a week even though he was supposed to get back to me days ago. We don't have a contract in place yet and I'm starting to worry the agent's changed his mind. He's still out there on the web, blogging away and reading fulls and partials.

Am I being silly?

Susan Coffin

Tell it like it Is
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.strokingthepen.com
Congratulations!

Certainly, I'd give the agent time.A week does not seem that long to me. I wonder if he has to go through some channels before touching base with you again?

I've not had an offer yet, so I don't know the actual time frame for responses in this regard. However, I guarantee you others with experience in this area will show up and help out. And, I'll be lurking just so I can learn some more for when my day comes. :D

bohica

scribe to dark muses
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaroque.com
Congratulations! I'm with Madame Littlefield, give him some more time. He's probably got people he has to consult with re: the exact contract to offer you. He didn't come by the decision to sign you lightly: his assistant read a bajillion queries, yours stood out, he read your partial/full, and THAT stood out, and he saw the potential for both of you to make money. Depending on the agency/his status, he also probably had to get approval/consensus from co-workers/etc. to even make the offer.

It'll be good. Bask. :)