• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for very casual first impression of a mystery novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

9cupsoftea

Registered
Reaction score
Website
drunkdetective.blogspot.com
I'm currently 60,000 words into a mystery/thriller novel set in london and with elements of drama in it. I'm writing it to be accessible, immediate, and something of a page turner.

It's my hope that after reading a few chapters you will want to read more, and if you don't feel like reading any further then that's all I'd need to know. I'd really like a really critical view of the novel - not necessarily nit-picking, but simply reading it as critically as you would a novel picked off of a bookshelf.

I don't mind what your tastes or or backgrounds are, as I really hope it will appeal to people of all tastes.

A little synopsis:
Following the apparent suicide of his girlfriend a young man decides to explore her past and the bizarre events surrounding them that somehow seem connected. Driven by his stubborn belief that she killed herself, he uncovers a world of conspiracy theories, symbols, psychological damage and dangerous secrets. All whilst taking care of his younger sister and dealing with his own violent past.

bohica

scribe to dark muses
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaroque.com
I'm a sucker for mysterious suicides and psychological damage. I'm in between library trips right now and in dire need of something to read before bed that isn't a textbook, so I'd be happy to read what you've got so far.

Edmontonian

Registered
Reaction score
I'll help

You can send the first couple of chapters to my account: [email protected] I can then send you my first two chapters (20 pages) in total for your thoughts.

Thanks,

Ethan

Status
Not open for further replies.