PDA

View Full Version : Looking for very casual first impression of a mystery novel

9cupsoftea
03-02-2011, 11:23 PM
I'm currently 60,000 words into a mystery/thriller novel set in london and with elements of drama in it. I'm writing it to be accessible, immediate, and something of a page turner.

It's my hope that after reading a few chapters you will want to read more, and if you don't feel like reading any further then that's all I'd need to know. I'd really like a really critical view of the novel - not necessarily nit-picking, but simply reading it as critically as you would a novel picked off of a bookshelf.

I don't mind what your tastes or or backgrounds are, as I really hope it will appeal to people of all tastes.

A little synopsis:
Following the apparent suicide of his girlfriend a young man decides to explore her past and the bizarre events surrounding them that somehow seem connected. Driven by his stubborn belief that she killed herself, he uncovers a world of conspiracy theories, symbols, psychological damage and dangerous secrets. All whilst taking care of his younger sister and dealing with his own violent past.

bohica
03-03-2011, 09:00 AM
I'm a sucker for mysterious suicides and psychological damage. I'm in between library trips right now and in dire need of something to read before bed that isn't a textbook, so I'd be happy to read what you've got so far.

9cupsoftea
03-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Great! Thanks a lot. I've sent you a PM.

Edmontonian
03-09-2011, 08:00 PM
You can send the first couple of chapters to my account: hx111@yahoo.com I can then send you my first two chapters (20 pages) in total for your thoughts.

Thanks,

Ethan

laurenj
03-27-2011, 01:05 AM
I'd be willing to look at the first few chapters.

9cupsoftea
03-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Thanks lauren, I've sent you a pm.