Agents for a supernatural mystery?

HonestBabe

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
My story straddles the genre between mystery and supernatural/spirits (or paranormal?). I'm finding that agents who want mystery don't want it to have supernatural aspects. Paranormal seems to be vampires/romance and psychics (mine is not either), so I hesitate to say paranormal mystery. I had the ms professionally edited and they suggested pitching it as 'paranormal' but it seems to be missing the mark with agents. What agents would be interested in a supernatural mystery and is that a viable sub-genre? Thanks. H.B.

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
My story straddles the genre between mystery and supernatural/spirits (or paranormal?). I'm finding that agents who want mystery don't want it to have supernatural aspects. Paranormal seems to be vampires/romance and psychics (mine is not either), so I hesitate to say paranormal mystery. I had the ms professionally edited and they suggested pitching it as 'paranormal' but it seems to be missing the mark with agents. What agents would be interested in a supernatural mystery and is that a viable sub-genre? Thanks. H.B.

Can you share your query letter? That might help people pin down your genre. It sounds like a paranormal mystery to me. You could try subbing to agents who rep urban fantasy. What are the supernatural aspects? Is your MC a human or a supernatural being?