Be Politically Active! Win a FREE Home Inspection!

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
That'll teach people to know their place.
North Miami Beach Mayor Myron Rosner says he has had enough of negative activists pointing out their perceived grievances against him and the city.

For once, he said, he wishes these gadflies would admit they’re not perfect.

So Rosner set out to prove their flaws. He drove around the city in his mini van with his camera, paper and pen to document what he believed to be code violations on several outspoken residents’ homes.

He then turned over his complaints and pictures to the building department —and in one instance the Florida Department of Health —to investigate.
Another story here.
Last month, North Miami Beach blogger Stephanie Kienzle ripped her town's mayor, Myron Rosner, after finding that he'd spent more than $500 on hotels in nearby Hollywood and Miami. Days later, a code compliance inspector came knocking at her front door. "I had no doubt the mayor was trying to get revenge," she says.

Kienzle says she has an email that proves it -- and it appears she's not alone. Former mayor Raymond Marin, who lost to Rosner, complained to state officials last week that Rosner had done the same thing to him as a "personal vendetta."​

Kienzle's blog is here.​

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
That is so slimy.

Anybody can do it in some places, though, so at least it's more equal. You, too can have your nasty neighbor send the city to fine you for cutting your bushes in the wrong shape ;) I don't know if y'all remember my mini-saga with that.

I think the revenge part is awful. But why are the codes so strange in the first place? A lot of them make sense, of course, but a lot of them look like they are put there to abuse folks you want to cherry-pick. They weren't intended to be applied equally, imho

I think it is a political scam.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I'd durther them be stupidly passive aggressive, so everyone can see their passive aggressive dickheadness.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
Did he at least do this in his free time, or did he do that instead of his actual job? It would be nice if his photos have a time stamp.