Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
Could it be that Penguin isn't sending any books to Borders, though? Borders stated some time ago that they'd stopped paying publishers, so some publishers stopped shipping books to them. That might be the same situation for electronic versions of books.

Amadan

Banned
Reaction score
Could it be that Penguin isn't sending any books to Borders, though? Borders stated some time ago that they'd stopped paying publishers, so some publishers stopped shipping books to them. That might be the same situation for electronic versions of books.

That's possible. (I haven't even walked over to my local Borders to see if they have the print edition on the shelves yet.)

But I saw stuff like this even before their Chapter 11 announcement. Borders has always sucked when it comes to getting new books out there (especially ebooks), even those that are highly anticipated.

Ah well. I used to buy most of my ebooks from Borders. Time to switch back to Kobo.

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of publishers aren't selling to them until they hear when they're getting paid. Considering that Borders owes Penguin Putnam the most out of all the publishers, it's probably a safe bet that they're not getting anything from Penguin until there's a payment plan.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Just went to my local Borders to test this theory--today's the release day for Seanan McGuire's latest, too. You are correct, sir. I am disappoint!

Status
Not open for further replies.