Crash, bang...Holy Crap!!

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I got in a car accident this morning! I was going along the major highway at about 100 kph (62 mph) and the car I was about to pass lost control and swerved right in front of me. I didn't have time to do anything but swerve, brake and pray but I still basically t-boned the car. Then I took out 6 posts of the guard rail and came to rest in the middle of the median, with the engine running (gee, thanks; that's helpful).

My daughter was in the car with me. Thankfully, we're both ok, but the car's a wreck. My body aches with levels of soreness never before experienced. Although the hot bath and red wine are helping.

https://picasaweb.google.com/jeff.w...CM78id-TrNL3Xg&feat=email#5578385311536399186
AccidentFeb272011

MissMacchiato

Bring on the Sweet, Sweet Coffee
Registered
Reaction score
oh my goodness, so glad to hear you're okay! was the other drive alright?

You most definitely deserve that glass of red wine!

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
GAH!!!

Scary! But I'm glad everyone is okay. Whew...

MissMacchiato

Bring on the Sweet, Sweet Coffee
Registered
Reaction score
those kind of things always leave you shaken. Seriously scary.

Car not so good? *sadface on your behalf*

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
It will be much easier if it is written off.

I had a bad car accident two years ago, the car was almost written off. So, I had to go months without one waiting for it to be repaired(long story).

It's a scary experience and I'm glad you're ok.

And off to bed I go...

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
That is scary. Glad you're okay.

The only accident I've been in was a little fender bender, didn't do any damage to my cargo van except a little scratch on the bumper. The girl who rear-ended me smashed the whole front of her car.

I had a dream the other night which was probably the most terrifying dream I've had in a long time. I was in the back seat of a vehicle, not sure if it were a car or SUV, but someone else was driving. The freeway was covered in snow and ice, and ahead of us were several cars piled up on the road. The semi next to us began to jackknife and drifted into our lane. The trailer of the semi smashed into the side of the vehicle, dragging us toward the concrete median. The vehicle slammed into the median and the trailer crunched the car almost to the point of me and the driver becoming crushed inside. The semi dragged our vehicle along the median for a bit before stopping. Shaken and hurt, I turned around and looked out the back window to see another semi jackknifing and sliding toward us, but stopped just before. I climbed out of the car, thankful to be alive, as well as my driver. Very scary dream. The next day, I saw on the internet about an accident on I-65 in Louisville that had several cars and semis piled up on the snow-covered highway. I don't recall anyone being killed. Very strange.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
So glad you're okay. Take care.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Yikes, Caro, so glad you guys are basically ok and hope your soreness goes away quickly. Yes, red wine is a necessity! :) :Cake:s too! Take care and feel better. Hope you get a cool car soon and wish that hadn't happened.

Chasing the Horizon

Blowing in the Wind
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, Carogirl, that is scary! I've been in some scary accidents too (I'm a bad luck charm as passenger, which is why to this day I ALWAYS drive, it's seriously a curse to have me in the car and not driving). Glad you're OK and taking care of yourself.

Try to get back out on the highway driving as soon as you possibly can. After my last accident I waited too long and almost had a panic attack when I tried again, because I'd let it build up so much in my mind. Or maybe I'm just psycho and that's not a problem for most people, lol.

Brutal Mustang

Loves interplanetary chaos.
Registered
Reaction score
Glad your okay. I know how traumatizing it can be. I got rear-ended by a semi last year, when I was driving my Himalayan kitten home from the vet.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Wow! I'm so glad you and your daughter are ok.

I don't want to be a three-hanky movie here, but I had a terrible accident about 2-1/2 years ago. I always thought a car accident that destroyed my car (and I do mean, totally destroyed my car) and my only transportation (being a single gal who lives alone, far from any family or help) would be the worst kind of disaster. However, I sort of got a new outlook on life. I was suddenly grateful for everything... my insurance, my health, the fact my head was still in the correct position... yada yada. I don't know where I was going with this post.... it's late at night. But I am glad you guys are ok. That's all that matters, and I'm kind of a dummy anyway.

:)

hugs!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Caro, I'm so glad you're all right. :Hug2: How scary it must have been.

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad you're both ok!

And you too, BL!

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds very frightening, glad everyone made it out okay. Things like that are terrifying. Hope the soreness doesn't last for long and that you can get a new car soon.

Leah J. Utas

Protecting Teddy with all my might.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So glad you're okay. Hope everything gets sorted out quickly.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad everyone is okay. You and your daughter get lots of rest.

shyne

At your service
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that and glad you and the kid are ok.

Del

Sky isn't falling, ground is rising
Registered
Reaction score
In a hole in the dark in a cold cold place
Not to be a doom sayer here, Caro, but I'm a veteran car crash victim nearing Guinness book submission qualification.

I was always with the "I'm ok, I'm ok"

Well, I'm not nearly okay now. While I can't blame all of my poor health on car crashes I certainly feel they've contributed. But now it's my problem.

Don't minimize the pain. Tend to any little complaint in you and your daughter. It sounds like insurance is going to cover it all (lucky you, I've been hit 3 times when they had none) so don't hesitate to take the best care of you and yours. Be petty. Undetected injuries have a way of making them selves known years later.

Best of luck straitening it out.

Oh, and you don't have to take the first offer. ;)