Re-submitting to the same publishing house?

Spidercat

Registered
Reaction score
Hi. Back in 2001 I sent out the ms of my latest book to a few publishing houses and received some rejections (although one house did ask to see a proposal based on my query). Between that time and now I've rewitten the book until it is virtually an entirely different story (albeit with the same title and some of the same characters). Would it be okay if I re-submitted this new version to the same publishing houses? Since editors do move to different houses, it's possible that my book will be seen with fresh eyes.

Thanks!

Spidercat

Registered
Reaction score
On a related question, I know it's not acceptable to send your ms in to different editors in the same publishing house, but what about different editors in different imprints under the same house? Some of the children's publishing houses I've checked out have some fairly large imprints that may operate largely independently of each other. Would it be proper etiquette to submit to one imprint then submit to a different imprint if the ms is rejected at the first one?

Storyteller5

Say something...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure about your first question, but all my research says treat imprints as separate publishers. Their submission guidelines are often different and they are independent of each other. :)