Status
Not open for further replies.

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Tomorrow I'm going back to the library to set up the launch party for Talisman of Zandria. It's probably going to be in Dec.

Do y'all think I should mention the SoS book to them too? The launch will probably be sponsored by the Friends of the Library, who deal with all the money issues (ie - they buy the books for the signing) so I'm just a-wondering what I should do to promote both at once?

Suggestions? Thanks :)

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Ok, nobody has any suggestion on the subject?? I went over there today (yay - used book sale - I bought Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, hardback, for $.25 !!!) and I wasn't able to set it up, but the nice lady gave me the number of the lady I need to talk to. She won't be in on Monday.

So, I'm still wondering - should I try and combine the two books at one event?? I'm so new at the whole promoting thing. Someone help me!

Rose colored glasses

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think it would hurt to at least give them the SoS website, and tell them this book will be heavily promoted.

I know I'm not much help. I just wanted to wish you a very successful event. :)

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Christine.

I can't see a problem with promoting SoS as well. Mind you, this is your event for promoting your book, but you are a contributor to SoS, so promoting it as well would be legitimate, I would think. Just be up front with those sponsoring the event, and with LBF, since they may see promoting SoS as potentially having a negative impact on the number of your books you might otherwise have sold.

My feeling is that the opposite might turn out to be true, your involvement in such a great project could encourage more sales of both books, not to mention that folks will see that you have more than just one book out there.

With everyone's blessings, then you can decide how to balance your pitches for each book to give them both adequate exposure.

Good luck!

Ken Schneider

Absolute sagebrush
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I agree with Chunky, you are a contributor to SOS, it is also your book.

But, will the combined promotion of both books lower your novel sales? I doubt it.

You are now duel published, why not use that to your advantage?

Status
Not open for further replies.