• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Manuscript Swap - Beta Needed for Women's Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryannj5

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for a Manuscript Swap? We could start with the first 3 chapters and see how it goes.

I am seeking a beta for my 85k word women’s fiction. It has family saga/romantic elements and takes place during WWI. I have had a few betas read it, and then I edited based on their feedback, so you won't be dealing with a first draft.

I am looking for someone with a critical eye to give me feedback in the following areas:
- Provide specific constructive criticism on overall story, plot, character development
- Dialogue (is it believable? Does it sound too contemporary?)
- Pacing (I’ve heard it moves too fast)
- Help with any problems you spot, word choices, sentence structure
- And most importantly: Provide honest feedback with the story’s best interest at heart.

What I can do for you:
- I love to read and will provide you with detailed feedback. I usually find myself reading YA, romance, women’s, or mainstream. (no MG please)
- I have a critical eye and tend to ask why a lot. I will dig into things that aren’t sitting right with me as a reader. I will let you know where the holes are, and what I want more of or less of.
- I will point out grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors.

If you are interested, please PM me!

Status
Not open for further replies.