Woman arrested for murdering her step-daughter

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Zahra was reported missing from her Hickory, North Carolina, home in October, and some of her dismembered remains were found a month later.

Elisa Baker, 42, "desecrated the victim's body to hinder detection, investigation and prosecution of the offense," the indictment handed up Monday said.

[snip]

"The defendant had a history and pattern of physical, verbal and psychological abuse of the victim," the indictment said.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/02/21/north.carolina.slain.girl/index.html?hpt=T2

This is just despicable.

PinkAmy

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
This was all over the news for a while, then the story seemed to disappear. Originally the rumors seemed to be the step-mother killed her and the father dismembered her. I wonder if they got the father to turn state's evidence.
The poor kid- first her mother has post-partum depression too much to care for her. Then her father kidnaps her. Then she gets cancer loses a leg. Then she gets taken to another country where she's abused and mistreated. Then she's murdered.
I am not in favor of the DP, so I hope this woman never sees the light of day.
I wonder if the bio-father will be charged with abuse of corpse or anything.

Atlantis

Registered
Reaction score
I'm so glad they've finally charged that psycho bitch with murder. I was wondering what was taking them so long. She led them to the body!! And that was ages ago too. She must've killed the girl if she knew where her body parts had been scattered. This story is just so sad. I can't believe what a miserable life that girl had. I saw her dad on 60 minutes and was convinced he was lying. I'm shocked he wasn't charged too. I hope little Zahra gets her justice.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This case has infuriated me since I first heard of it. That poor little girl's short life was hell misery and suffering. Each article I read became more and more horrific. And every adult who failed Zahra needs to hang right alongside that bitch stepmother.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
This story literally breaks my heart. That poor little girl. She went through more in her short life than anyone should have to endure in a full lifetime. And some nasty bitch decided to play God and stop Zahra's heart.

I'd like to stop Elisa Baker's and, as regdog said, every other adult who failed this poor girl.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
This case has infuriated me since I first heard of it. That poor little girl's short life was hell misery and suffering. Each article I read became more and more horrific. And every adult who failed Zahra needs to hang right alongside that bitch stepmother.

Agreed!