Bursting with pride :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

8thSamurai

Registered
Reaction score
I used to hang out a lot on myspace in the literature forum, and found lots of people who were preyed upon by vanity presses. (No they're not all bad, the ones that lie about being vanity, are.)

This is the result of two years of friendly and dedicated information sharing and teaching:

http://www.myspace.com/forums/t/4877701?PageIndex=1&SortOrder=0

Some of the responders are former victims, some have asked me to take a look at acceptance letters (most of which have required payment).

I'm so proud.

Libbie

Worst song played on ugliest guitar
Registered
Reaction score
So you're saying you educated all these folks and turned the tone of that forum around to be less welcoming of vanity presses in disguise?

Nice!! Well done!

8thSamurai

Registered
Reaction score
So you're saying you educated all these folks and turned the tone of that forum around to be less welcoming of vanity presses in disguise?

Nice!! Well done!

:) It surprised me how many people didn't understand that people get paid to write. I kept seeing these confused, broken hearted people telling others how much money they spent, and asking other forum members if they'd seen those books in stores. Or the constant, desperate, barely literate spam.

I sent people here, posted links, and explained the differences. Now, if someone chooses a vanity rather than commercial publication, they're doing it on purpose, with eyes open.

Status
Not open for further replies.