First Nudge for Info

smallthunder

Ruled by Dachshunds
Registered
Reaction score
Hi --

Much to my delight & surprise, a very well-known NYC agent offered to represent my novel this summer. I accepted, and he immediately pitched my work to a big-name publishing house (he had lunch scheduled with a big-wig already) on an exclusive basis. My agent told me that, should this house pass, he would then wait until after Labor Day to pitch again because NYC/the publishing world wouldn't really be awake until then.

Well, the house passed on the work within a week or so (although said nice things about it) ...

And Labor Day was September 5th ...

And I haven't heard anything from my agent.

Would it be proper for me to inquire, at this point, who is reviewing my work?

I'll assume no one else has turned it down, or else my agent would've contacted me ... but ... people keep asking me for status reports and I haven't a clue as to what's up with my novel.

Contact him? Or just smile weakly and hold on for him to contact me, eventually?

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Just wanted to say congratulations and good luck - and I'll leave it to Andy and the others to answer about agent protocol, as I don't know too much myself.

Susan Pevensie

Registered
Reaction score
I'd say you're perfectly entitled to check on the progress. Your agent is there to represent you so should keep you informed.

S