Can we bookmark threads we like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Hi -

I've come across a few threads with helpful suggestions & such like. I want to save a list of these threads somewhere in AW, rather than in a doc on my harddrive.

Can anybody tell me if there is a way here to bookmark threads we want to reference & come back to in the future?

thanks!
LN

Deleted member 42

You can subscribe to the thread.

1. When you've found a thread you like, and are "in" the thread, that it currently reading it, at the top of the thread in the medium blue strip is a menu that says Thread Tools.

2. Select Subscribe to this Thread from Thread Tools.

3. You'll see a special screen with options for the kind of subscription; with email notification of two sorts, and one that adds the thread to the Thread subscription area of your CP. You can also create folders to sort out and organize the threads you subscribe to; these also will show up in your CP.

***Please don't subscribe via email if you just want to be able to find the thread; that choice means you are emailed every time the thread has a new post, and it's a bit of a potential strain on the server. If you do subscribe via email, please choose daily or weekly, and not instant. Thanks ***

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
I created an "AW threads" folder under my Bookmarks menu and often add interesting thread URLs as bookmarks into this folder, for easy ref.

I also created a folder with the URLs of my most often-visited AW forums, which I jump to directly rather than visiting the main page and scrolling down.

-Derek

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Either I'm just incredibly geeky or weird. If I want to go to my favorite forums, I just remember their number in the URL and type it in.

Like FAQ is 35.
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35

So if I want to go to FAQ forum, I just adjust the URL of the first AW link I find in history to be what I want and go.

I may just be really, really weird, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.