• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Desperately Seeking Beta. (YA suspense fiction)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilreeper

Mother of Cats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
This story is completed at 55763 words at 210 pages in Word.
I only need one beta to help me with revising and writing the synopsis.
PM if you're interested :)

The story:
Nicole Freeman is sucked into growing up fast when her best friend is arrested for treason in their post apocalyptic country Untillez. She has to race against time and everything she's known about life to save him, finding out along the way that the situation is much larger than what's right in front of her.

Last edited:

BarbaraKE

Registered
Reaction score
Have you considered posting your first chapter in the appropriate AW ShareYourWork forum? If not, I suggest trying that first before looking for a beta reader. Besides, a lot more people are willing to read/comment on a chapter or two before taking on an entire manuscript.

The other problem I see is that relatively few beta readers are willing to take on something with obvious grammer problems. I know I find it impossible to think about pacing and characterization when I'm constantly being distracted by poor grammar.

And your comment that you don't care about grammar because you're paying your editor to fix it will alienate people.

Status
Not open for further replies.