• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta for YA Paranormal A Stiff Kiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlishaS

Is swimming with creativity frogs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.averyolive.blogspot.com
Usually I go to the Willing to Beta section but that hasn't been workin lately.
This novel has been beta'd before, gone through several drafts and I even started the query process with over a dozen requests for fulls, partials and what not.
Sadly most have come back with the big R and no feedback. So I figured I'd better take another pass at it with some outside help, and see if I can fix it up before the next batch of queries goes out :)

Below is the query letter and I hope someone out there can help me out.

Thanks, oh and will gladly return the favor!

Seventeen-year-old Xylia Morana is obsessed with death. She hangs out with the terminally ill, attends random funerals, and every so often, when the weathers right, she sleeps in open graves for entertainment.

It’s no surprise when she sneaks into the morgue to catch a glimpse of Landon Phoenix, the recently deceased high school hottie. When she does the unthinkable and steals a kiss from the corpse, the last thing she expects is for Landon to wake up--but that’s exactly what happens.

Xylia then does everything she can to avoid the soccer star turned medical miracle--because who wants to admit they kissed a stiff?-- but Landon’s not about to let the girl who brought him back to life get away without some answers.

But Xylia’s main problem isn’t just the questions surrounding the life-reviving kiss she shared with Landon. What Xylia doesn’t know is that Landon’s return has thrown life and death off balance. The underworld demands a body and it might just have to be Xylia’s this time.

A STIFF KISS is a young adult paranormal novel of 58,000 words.

lenore_x

Registered
Reaction score
Website
laurenmhunter.com
If you're still looking for someone, I'm up for reading it. Your summary is cool. :) I'm lenore.x at gmail dot com.

Status
Not open for further replies.