PDA

View Full Version : Speculative Fiction Buddy/Beta/Co-Beta/Whatev

TonyBlue
02-12-2011, 04:19 AM
Hey all,

I'm Tony and I am looking for a crit-partner, co-beta reader, or even people who want to simply Beta Read. I'm 25, done the military thing, the college thing, and now I'm the cable guy. I work 12 hours most days of the week, but I devote evenings to reading and sometimes writing. Weekends are writing time.

I write speculative fiction, usually on the darker sides of Fantasy/Science Fiction and occasionally my stories have a romantic LGBT element. (All of my current works have gay MCs, but only my novel in progress has a romance element.)

I am looking for anyone who loves to read and/or write Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or any combination of those. Someone to brainstorm ideas, plots, and characters with. You bounce ideas off me and I'll do the same. I'm not looking for a carebear, even though I'm new. I'm working on expanding a Novella into a finished Novel (Dark Fantasy/Horror). It's in an odd state, right now, but well beyond 1st draft readability (I think). Also, I'm working on a short (sci-fi) that perhaps brainstorming with someone else would be nice for.

As a co-beta reader, I will read anything really (maybe not women's lit-fic, though try me). I read all genres, but most often I read horror and other forms of speculative fiction. Sci-fi is my least read area, though it something I am now actively exploring.

I am new to this sort of thing, but if you tell me what you need I'll do my best. Particularly I tend to hit on things involving characterization and dialogue. Which seems fair, because I probably most need help with plot and pacing.

If you're curious, PM me and I'll answer any questions and maybe we can get something started.

(This feels like a personals add. Ew. Right, then. Hit me up if you're interested)