PDA

View Full Version : What's your Favorite Girl Scout Cookie?

Alpha Echo
02-11-2011, 07:07 PM
My husband and I sold nearly 200 boxes for my stepdaughter, who is a beautiful Daisy. That earned her a special executive pin! (Even though she had nothing to do with selling the cookies)

So, what's your favorite?

Mine's the Tagalongs. I could eat a whole box at once but do my damndest NOT to do that!

And why do these damn cookies always come after we're all focused on losing the Holiday Weight? :)

KyraDune
02-11-2011, 07:10 PM
I like those mint ones, I can't remember what they're called.

Alpha Echo
02-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Thin Mints. I think they're the most ordered GS cookies. They're best when you eat them right out of the freezer...

My husband's favorites are the Do-Si-Dos. So far, he's miraculously constrained himself and only eaten one box (we've had the cookies since Tuesday).

milly
02-11-2011, 07:21 PM
TAGALONGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband loves those Samoas...ick

Alpha Echo
02-11-2011, 07:29 PM
I like Samoas, but I wouldn't waste the calories on them

You get a rep for agreeing with me for the Tagalongs! LOL

Pyekett
02-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Trefoils. Shortbread it is. I'm a purist: butter, sugar, flour, salt.

brainstorm77
02-11-2011, 07:40 PM
I don't have a clue as to what any of those flavours are. All I remember are vanilla, chocolate and mint.

bettielee
02-11-2011, 07:42 PM
The thin mint - the dry martini of the cookie world.... I always stick out my little finger when I eat them....

and I can eat a frightening number of them.... those cellophane stacks are serving sizes, right??

Right?

Don't judge me!

Grrarrgh
02-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Thin Mints. Then every year, Edy's/Dreyer's puts out a Thin Mint Special Edition ice cream, which is chocolate ice cream with the Thin Mint cookies chopped up in it. It's so good I cry. :)

Alpha Echo
02-11-2011, 07:45 PM
I don't have a clue as to what any of those flavours are. All I remember are vanilla, chocolate and mint.

Thin mints are thin mint-flavored chocolate covered by chocolate.

Tagalongs are peanut butter covered in chocolate.

Do-Si-Dos are PB sandwiches.

Trifoils are shortbread.

Samoas are coconut rings with chocolate on the bottom.

There are some others - caramel, lemon sandwiches, etc - but they don't always sell all of them, and the ones I listed are the most popular (based on my sales anyway)

Cranky
02-11-2011, 07:48 PM
I love the Somoas. I have yet to see the Girl Scouts and their cookie tables anywhere yet. I need to get out more -- I must have my yearly quota of Somoas!

Actually, I'm going to Target or Wallyworld today for laundry stuff and whatnot...maybe they'll be out there. *cackles with glee*

brainstorm77
02-11-2011, 07:48 PM
It's been years since I have had them TBH. Thanks for explaining.

Alpha Echo
02-11-2011, 07:49 PM
I love the Somoas. I have yet to see the Girl Scouts and their cookie tables anywhere yet. I need to get out more -- I must have my yearly quota of Somoas!

My stepdaughter came home with the order form back in December.

I'm pretty sure you can order directly to the website these days.

Chris P
02-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Tagalongs are the best cookies ever. Lock thread.

Alpha Echo
02-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Tagalongs are the best cookies ever. Lock thread.

You get a rep too!!!

Cranky
02-11-2011, 08:00 PM
My stepdaughter came home with the order form back in December.

I'm pretty sure you can order directly to the website these days.

Is. That. So? Oh me oh my, we're in trouble now! :D

Thanks for the tip, Alpha. I'll have to check it out.

Jersey Chick
02-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Samoas. My daughter's GS troop sells cookies in November, so when we get ours, everyone knows if they touch the Samoas, I will hurt them. :D

MINE!

MaryMumsy
02-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Ah, the little girls should be showing up outside the grocery store any weekend now.

My faves are the thin mints. I *really* like that a lot of the troops here will arrange to send the cookies to the bigger troops in the middle east. To me it is a win all around: I support the girl scouts, I support the troops, I don't eat cookies.

MM

rhymegirl
02-11-2011, 09:53 PM
This thread is making me hungry.

And I'm not supposed to be eating cookies. How come fruit doesn't taste as good as cookies?

Snowstorm
02-11-2011, 10:04 PM
What!? You mean there are other flavors besides Thin Mints? Wow. Had no idea.

Thin Mints. And bettielee: the BOX is a serving size.

Lavern08
02-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Trefoils. Shortbread it is. I'm a purist: butter, sugar, flour, salt.

True dat! ^ ;)

Alpha Echo
02-11-2011, 11:07 PM
The thing is...there's just...something about Girl Scout cookies. I've never had any I didn't like.

firedrake
02-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Samoas for me.

I'll miss them.:cry:

Bubastes
02-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Samoas and Thin Mints. Don't make me choose between the two.

I agree: 1 box = 1 serving.

Soccer Mom
02-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Oh, how I love GS cookies. Let me rank the ways.

1. Thin mints
2. Do Si Dos
3. Samoans
4. Trefoils
5. Tagalongs

I love them to the breadth and height and depth my soul can reach when feeling out of sight for the ends of being and ideal grace. I love them to the level of every days most quiet need. by sun and candlelight. Especially with coffee. I love them freely as men strive for right. I love them purely as men turn from praise. I love them with a passion put to use in my old griefs and my childhood's faith. I love them with a love I seemed to lose with my lost car keys. I love them with the breath, smiles and tears of all my life. And if God choose, I shall love them better after death. Especially with coffee.

With apologies to E.B.B. of course.

cray
02-11-2011, 11:22 PM
which are the peanut butter sammiches?

they are very good to eat.

tjwriter
02-11-2011, 11:27 PM
Shortbread
Peanut butter patties
Lemon
Thin Mints

That's the order and as much as I can narrow it down.

Pyekett
02-11-2011, 11:54 PM
True dat! ^ ;)

I got your back, Wonder Woman.

Jamiekswriter
02-11-2011, 11:57 PM
I could happily eat my weight in Samoas.
Of course, the thin mints are rather yummy too.

Eudoxia
02-12-2011, 06:37 AM
Thin Mints and Samoas are my absolute favorite. I always end up buying 5 boxes of each. :)

The GS girls always come around in the middle of Summer and in late November. Such sweet girls bringing sweet treats. I just gotta have my yearly dose of minty and coconutty goodness.

Gugland
02-12-2011, 10:46 AM
I always preferred Tagalongs, but would get annoyed at how they got "off center" when I bit them (since the top was soft and the bottom kinda hard). But once i figured out that you're supposed to put a Tagalong between two Samoas, then I learned to enjoy them.

The only thing I don't like is the hangover. Y'know, the next morning when you look over at the three empty boxes and realize you could've bought a London Broil and a .375 of vodka for the same money.

Clair Dickson
02-13-2011, 07:37 AM
Peanut butter patties. I went to the bank today for a deposit. Only, I asked for moeny back to purchase a few boxes.

Of course, the saddest part of this is that I can't eat cookies any more (allergic to wheat) but Hubby loved finding the boxes-- Samoas in the pantry, Peanut butter patties (or I guess they're tagalongs now) in the fridge and Thin mints in the freezer.

Tepelus
02-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Tagalongs are my favorite, the Samoas are a close second.

Ken
02-13-2011, 06:40 PM
... thin mints are to die for :-P
I think they're my favorite cookie.
Haven't had one in many years.
Outpourings of sympathy welcomed.

Alpha Echo
02-14-2011, 04:17 PM
But once i figured out that you're supposed to put a Tagalong between two Samoas, then I learned to enjoy them.

The only thing I don't like is the hangover. Y'know, the next morning when you look over at the three empty boxes and realize you could've bought a London Broil and a .375 of vodka for the same money.

Haha...soooo true!

Peanut butter patties. I went to the bank today for a deposit. Only, I asked for moeny back to purchase a few boxes.

Of course, the saddest part of this is that I can't eat cookies any more (allergic to wheat) but Hubby loved finding the boxes-- Samoas in the pantry, Peanut butter patties (or I guess they're tagalongs now) in the fridge and Thin mints in the freezer.

Ahahaha! I'm sorry you can't eat them anymore though. :( And Thin Mints are best in the freezer!

Tagalongs are my favorite, the Samoas are a close second.

Yay for Tagalongs!

... thin mints are to die for :-P
I think they're my favorite cookie.
Haven't had one in many years.
Outpourings of sympathy welcomed.

Awww...then get some! It seems the Thin Mints are in the lead!

bettielee
02-14-2011, 10:47 PM
Thin mints in the lead! come on thin mints!

cscarlet
02-14-2011, 10:56 PM
I swear I must be the only person in the entire world who doesn't prefer Thin Mints.

Samoas are #1 for me, hands-down.

Buuuut I also like the Trefoils (so good with coffee in the morning) and Do-Si-Dos.

I try not to discriminate too much with my Girl Scout Cookies :)

Lavern08
02-15-2011, 12:55 AM
I swear I must be the only person in the entire world who doesn't prefer Thin Mints.

You and me, Babe.

I don't like Oreos (or Chocolate Chip Cookies) either. :Shrug:

cscarlet
02-15-2011, 07:14 AM
You and me, Babe.

I don't like Oreos (or Chocolate Chip Cookies) either. :Shrug:

Ooh. Kindred Cookie Spirits.

Does chocolate chip cookie dough/batter count, though? I am a big fan of that.... :D

Alpha Echo
02-15-2011, 04:55 PM

Samoas are #1 for me, hands-down.

Buuuut I also like the Trefoils (so good with coffee in the morning) and Do-Si-Dos.

I try not to discriminate too much with my Girl Scout Cookies :)

Did you see the results of the poll? :tongue

You're not the ONLY one who doesn't prefer Thin Mints. In fact, I started the poll, and the Tagalongs are the best.

I had one - ONE - the other day. And I totally forgot how absolutely amazing they are.

James81
02-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Those cookies have names!!!????

I like the little coconutty chocolately ones.

Throw a little vanilla chocolate peanut butter on 'em and I just crumble. (Ok, just kidding. :tongue)

taratyler
02-15-2011, 05:58 PM
that would be samoas - also my favorite

gs cookies are overrated and over priced - give me more!

Alpha Echo
02-15-2011, 05:59 PM
I don't know about overrated...over-priced, definitely, but DAMN their good

Alpha Echo
02-16-2011, 09:58 PM
And we're down from 10 boxes to about 2. Well, and the 2 I stuck in the freezer. My husband has been eating at least a sleeve of Do-Si-Dos a night...

cscarlet
02-17-2011, 06:09 AM
I went on a hunt for GS cookies today. I found no girlscouts. My tummy is quite unhappy.

Alpha Echo
02-17-2011, 08:21 PM
I went on a hunt for GS cookies today. I found no girlscouts. My tummy is quite unhappy.

You can check out the website, put in your zipcode, and get a list of GS troups in your area...if you're really hard up for some. :)

Steph
02-17-2011, 08:45 PM
Wow, congrats on selling 200 boxes. That's hard work. I probably didn't even sell that many during my entire eight years as a Girl scout.

I always liked the peanut butter ones.

writerterri
02-17-2011, 09:51 PM
The Samoas and the thin mints. Turned my kids on to them just a couple of weeks ago.

But 4 buck a box? *faint*

Alpha Echo
02-17-2011, 09:52 PM
I know. Very pricey.

Steph - I work with people that make a lot of money and love me. :) Plus, my husband played his sisters and mother against each other - his mom bought 17 boxes, and his sister had to out do her and bought 18! LOL

Silver King
02-24-2011, 04:33 AM
Don't ever mess with her (http://www2.tbo.com/content/2011/feb/22/collier-sheriff-fight-over-cookies-leads-to-arrest/) GS cookies:

...31-year-old Hersha Howard woke up her roommate early Sunday and accused her of eating her Thin Mints.

They argued and deputies say that it turned physical with Howard chasing her roommate with scissors and hitting her repeatedly with a board and then a sign...

Kitty Pryde
02-24-2011, 04:52 AM
For me, it's Samoas or nothing. I got ambushed by some little girls at the grocery story on Saturday and picked up a box :D But tell me, oh wise stepmama of girl scout, why have they changed all the names? My Samoas are now Caramel DeLites, the blandest name ever. All the other cookies had boring names too, like "Shortbreads" and "Peanut Butter Patties".