PDA

View Full Version : Barter: Trade my kindle conversion skills for your editing?

kateharp
02-11-2011, 01:19 AM
Hi-

I am interested in experimenting with swapping these skills:

My skills: I have converted and published 5 documents on the Kindle (you can view my samples of if needed).

What I want: I need someone to edit short documents (20-30 Pages): Mainly to look over the flow of the subject matter, obvious typos, point out problem areas with general suggestions. I don't expect it to be rewritten.

I would be wiling to try exchanging: 1 of your documents for you editing 1 of mine.

I thought it would be fun to give swapping a try since I enjoy the process of converting documents, and since it can be expensive for some writers.

Anyone up for trying this kind of experiment?

Thanks!-Kate

AmsterdamAssassin
02-27-2011, 07:59 PM
I'm currently formatting my own book into HTML with jEdit and formatting it with Calibre, but I'd like to see samples of your work and see if we can make a deal.

rosehips
03-26-2011, 02:36 AM
Hi-

I am interested in experimenting with swapping these skills:

My skills: I have converted and published 5 documents on the Kindle (you can view my samples of if needed).

What I want: I need someone to edit short documents (20-30 Pages): Mainly to look over the flow of the subject matter, obvious typos, point out problem areas with general suggestions. I don't expect it to be rewritten.

I would be wiling to try exchanging: 1 of your documents for you editing 1 of mine.

I thought it would be fun to give swapping a try since I enjoy the process of converting documents, and since it can be expensive for some writers.

Anyone up for trying this kind of experiment?

Thanks!-Kate

Kate,
If you haven't found anyone yet, please contact me at sophia hyphen martin at hotmail dot com. I'm great at the kind of editing you describe and have never formatted for Kindle, so we might be a good match.
- Sophia