Digital-only title from small press makes NYT/USA Today bestseller lists

Selah March

Registered
Reaction score
Maya Banks' Colter's Daughter (erotic romance, Samhain Publishing) has made the NYT/USA Today bestseller lists for the upcoming week. (I'm assuming the NYT list in question is their new ebook bestseller list. Not sure about the USA Today list.)

Link to announcement on Banks' blog.

Currently this title is available in digital format only. I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) that this is the first digital-only release from a small (relative to the big guns of NY publishing) epublisher to make these lists.

Ineti

Purveyor of Prose
Registered
Reaction score
I think Amanda Hocking's ebook only trilogy is on this week's USA Today bestseller list, or will be.

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
Currently this title is available in digital format only. I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) that this is the first digital-only release from a small (relative to the big guns of NY publishing) epublisher to make these lists.

I think so.

If you haven't read any of the Colter's Legacy series, you're missing out on some great reading - Maya Banks knocks it out of the park with these books!

And, darn it, good to see Samhain kicking butt in the big leagues.

:)

izanobu

Registered
Reaction score
Website
anniebellet.com
Technically, Hocking's books are available in print as well as e-books, so they don't count if we're going by those metrics. :)

Selah March

Registered
Reaction score
A second Samhain title, Flashpoint by Shelli Stevens, has hit #32 on the extended NYT bestselling ebook list.

Why is this worth mentioning? Because Samhain Publishing is a small, digital-first publisher that's been in operation for a little over five years. Their ability to put two titles on national bestseller lists in six weeks' time shows the playing field is leveling out quickly, IMO.

Last edited: