PDA

View Full Version : New web magazine (low pay)

Joelpalasue
02-10-2011, 05:30 AM
New Web Zine. Accepting Submissions for our first issue.

Submission Guidelines

Currently Taking Submissions of short stories. We accept all previously unpublished works. No simultaneous submissions allowed.

Short stories should be between 1500-4000 words. We take works of fiction, science fiction, fantasy, and poetry. If you think your story is good enough then send it and we will let you know. Please allow from 3 to 6 weeks for a response. The pay rate at this moment will be .01 cents per word.

What we are looking for:

Fiction:
Sci-fi
Horror
Fantasy
Mystery

Non-fiction
and
Poetry

Please be tastefull with your stories and limit nudety. If the story requires this then make it tasteful and appropriate to the story line.

We get first electronic rights and also first print rights (If we print in the future).

Art submissions also query below. Art Submissions will get paid at 60 dollars per cover. Cover art wil be part of the magazine for a lifetime.

Submissions use the form below.

http://darktidewriterszine.weebly.com/submissions.html

Carradee
02-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Hi. I'm interested, but I have a few questions.

What's Dark Tide's intended audience? What's your goal (an entertaining read, creepy in fantasy, etc.)?

Is the story supposed to go in the "Comment" part of the form? If so, what is a writer to do to indicate italics?

Thanks!

Unimportant
02-11-2011, 12:27 AM
The pay rate at this moment will be .01 cents per word.

Joel, just to clarify: do you mean $0.01 per word (one one-hundredth of one dollar per word, which equals one cent per word) or 0.01 cents per word (one one-hundredth of one cent per word, which equals one cent per 100 words)?

Joelpalasue
02-11-2011, 03:58 AM
To unimportant: The pay is 1 cent per word.

To Carrade (and other parties interested).

The audience is from Young adult and up and its for entertainment. It will be something like clarkesworldmagazine, but we are including fantasy, crime, some horror and of course poetry.

As for the stories they do get posted in the comment section. Just copy from word. Once we do accept a story then the owner of the story will be able to send us a pdf file or ms word so we can publish it.

I hope this makes it a lot clearer. Thanks for asking.

Unimportant
02-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Thanks for clarifying, Joel.

pcw27
02-25-2011, 01:13 AM
To unimportant: The pay is 1 cent per word.

You may want to fix that on the site...

Joelpalasue
02-26-2011, 01:13 AM
Thanks I will fix it on the website.

Tiffany Price
02-26-2011, 06:26 AM
I have checked it out and even submitted something.