• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a critique partner for an LGBT YA novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysty

Registered
Reaction score
Website
artisticlicensebook.wordpress.com
Basically my request would be a bit different. Because of my years of posting work online chapter-by-chapter, I kind of work better when going on a chapter-by-chapter basis.

So my novel, Artistic License, is on its, like, eight draft. I've submitted it to ABNA but I doubt it'll win, so I'm hoping to get a critique partner who would be willing to talk to me over instant message after reading a chapter or two at a time of the novel. Of course, if you want to read the whole thing first and then work chapter-by-chapter, I can do that too. But I'm really hoping to have this be my first published novel, and I just need someone willing to go over it with me on that kind of level, where we're actually talking things out instead of talking at each other (like over email, etc).

There aren't really any warnings for this book. The MC actively doesn't swear and there are mentions of sex but no actual scenes or anything. And I'm guessing if you have a problem with gay romance you wouldn't be in here :) So please PM me or post here if you'd like to know more or accept this.

foliogal

Registered
Reaction score
Mysty, if you check Willing Beta Readers Vol. II, there is someone there who is looking to beta LGBT. She did a beta for me on a non-LGBT manuscript and was excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.