Soundtrack Obsessions?

LivingDork

the zompocalypse is coming
Registered
Reaction score
I recently saw the Sorceror's Apprentice, and I love the scene where the MC and his crush listen to One Republic's Secrets, offset with the tones of his Tesla coils. I hadn't heard the song before (I shun commercial radio), but now I'm obsessed with it.

What song was used perfectly in a movie you like?
or
What movie made you obsessed with a song from the soundtrack?

milly

seeing sparks
Registered
Reaction score
I loved the Paula Cole song "Feelin Love" from City of Angels...it's what made me by that soundtrack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKG8GgHiKdg

also, loved the Great Expectations soundtrack and the Chris Cornell song "Sunshower"....it was perfect in that movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Kmi1A0FbA0

finally, from the Romeo and Juliet movie with DiCaprio...the song "Kissing You" was absolutely perfect in the film and beautiful aside from that and again, it's what made me buy the soundtrack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4Rs8NcgAVA

Last edited:

milly

seeing sparks
Registered
Reaction score
nice thread by the way...I have a feeling I'll be back to add more

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Tron Legacy - Daft Punk (can't stop listening)

For songs: Romeo + Juliet - Radiohead - Talk Show Host

LivingDork

Registered
Reaction score
To Milly: You are awesome. I love the City of Angels OST as well. :) That song is pretty much the dirtiest song ever written by a woman that isn't rap.
I knew R&J would end up on here. It has to! Since you've claimed Kissing You and farther down, we have a vote for Talk Show Host from the same soundtrack.
I'll have to say I LOVE Quentin Tarver's rendition of When Doves Cry. OMG.

Daft Punk is always so easy to get stuck in your head. Just another reason to see Tron Legacy!

Although I don't want to be a hog, I'll also have to throw out "Garbage Truck" and "BlackSheep" from Scott Pilgrim vs. The Universe.

Last edited:

leahzero

The colors! THE COLORS!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
words.leahraeder.com

LivingDork

Registered
Reaction score
Leah-What a great song! I'll have to check out the rest of the soundtrack. I had to reply to second you on that Twilight OST vote. Muse. 'nuf said.

In Forgetting Sarah Marshall, there's this scene where the MC is trying to write music and can't. His song, (WARNING! INCLUDES 1 F-BOMB!) found here, is what I go to whenever I have a block while writing. If listening to it doesn't get my juices flowing, I re-write the lyrics for myself. It's hilarious.

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
The last piece from "The King's Speech", "Speak to all of the nations"

jamesn65

Registered
Reaction score
Website
nickjamesbooks.com
This might be a little juvenile of me, but I've always been obsessed with the soundtrack to Peter Pan (the 2003 version). It's the most beautiful fantasy score I can remember.
Currently, I'm loving all the 80's tracks used in "Let Me In." Of course, I love 80's music. Donnie Darko used it well, too.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
BEST. SCORE. EVER http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfn90OdrcfY

It's from Love Actually when the kid runs through the airport.

I want to buy this song, but alas they didn't put it on the CD :(
I love this song, and also the instrumental they did put on the CD too.

My soundtrack obsession is the new Doctor Who series. IMO, the third season is the best, but they're all very good.

I also love a few songs from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, but I was disappointed when I bought the soundtrack, thinking I was getting a soundtrack of all these beautiful songs, and it turned out that the ones I really loved were the same song used several times.