• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

The Eternal Link needs a female beta reader!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WistfulWriter7

passionate dreamer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.theeternallink.com
Hello AWers,

I have a polished (I hope) manuscript that currently has a great male beta reader. Since despite all my best efforts, this novel turned itself into a "girl book" (curses!), I would love to have a female's point of view on it as well. As a side-note, the focus of the story is NOT romance. The MCs interactions with the male characters is a sub-point.

It is a YA fantasy with some science fiction.
The title is The Eternal Link, and it is about 90,000 words long.
If you are interested, the way I like to do this thing is at the rate of a chapter or two per week. This way, I have time to make changes, and I don't overwork my beta readers.

A quick (rough) idea of what my story is about:

Sixteen-year-old Catalina has haunting dreams of a birthmother she never knew that lead her on a journey to the ancient past. When she is forced to return to the 26th century empty handed, she comes back to a place where the magical past and the high-tech future are colliding at an alarming rate.

Now, with the help of the time-blend, an army of dark magic beings and high-tech soldiers have united and are threatening to destroy everything she cares about. Time is literally running out before the world erases completely, and Catalina must choose between holding on to her hopes of a life with her real mother or becoming a human patch for time. If she succeeds, those driving the hunt for her will vanish into the past. But a restored timeline means nothing will be left of Catalina’s new friends, her mother, or the boy she has come to love but her two-thousand year old memories.

SpiderGal

Princess of Nerds
Registered
Reaction score
Hi there,

The story sounds interesting. I'm willing to go through your manuscript. Let me know how you want to proceed.

Spider

Status
Not open for further replies.