Covers cont.

DoctorMandaBenson

I iz Publishr!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tangentrine.com
Opinions/suggestions on this cover (not quite finished yet, but general shape is there):
9780956608048-DarkTempest.jpg

(bigger one offsite)

The publisher that publishes some of my books in electronic format, which had formerly held but not used the print rights for this book, has changed their contract terms, and as a result I got back the print rights to my books contracted with them. I think this is a bold move in a good direction as a lot of electronic-only publishers like to sit on rights. So, anyway, hence this.

valeriec80

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
It's pretty eye-catching. Good job!

In the smaller format (for some reason) the title seems easier to read than in the larger format. I'm wondering how it would look if you lightened the colors a tad. Maybe it would make it pop more. (Of course, it might just fade into the stars more.)

The block of text on the back is tough to read on screen, but it might look better in print. You might want to consider a black box behind it or in some way making those stars behind it a little less noticeable. I'd also suggest breaking it up into maybe three paragraphs. The big paragraph kind of scares me, and it looks like a lot to read. I'd suggest breaks before the description of Gerald and before the sentence that starts "Thrown together..."

BrokenSword

keeper of the Flame
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.SwordOfShakespeare.com
I agree with valerie in that you have a good, catchy cover. I also think the back cover copy should be made easier to read; maybe create some line breaks and/or paragraphs to make it easier on the eyes? Another small idea to try or not; what would it look like if both words of your title were the same style (font type + color)?

But overall, it makes a splash.

Hope this helps.

Michael