PDA

View Full Version : Dreamwork sequels: 4 Madagascars, 6 Pandas and 3 Dragons.

LOG
02-07-2011, 06:04 AM
That's including the ones already out. (http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29638)
Haven't seen the Madagascar films, they don't really interest me.
I want to see HttyD, just haven't got around to it.
I am excited about there being 5 more Kung Fu Panda movies, as long as they stay good...when was the last time a series stayed goof for 6 movies in a row?

ceenindee
02-07-2011, 07:34 AM
Six Pandas? I loved the first, but that seems like a lot. I saw the last Shrek recently and I didn't really feel like it was necessary.

Hopefully they'll keep coming up with original material anyway. I've noticed Pixar is starting to go down the sequel road too (Cars 2, Monsters Inc. 2...), but Toy Story went so well, I'm trusting they'll do a good job.

LOG
02-07-2011, 09:21 AM
I'm not so worried about the rest of the panda films being unnecessary at this point, we know so little of the characters or worlds from the first movie so a lot could potentially be expanded upon their. It's just...the longer a series goes, the chances for it to degrade increase, IMHO.

AlexPiper
02-07-2011, 11:19 AM
How To Train Your Dragon has a decent amount of material to pull from for three movies, since they're based on a series of books. (Mind you, the movie wasn't identical to the first book, but still.)

maggi90w1
02-07-2011, 04:40 PM
The thread title would work awesome in a 12 days of Christmas song!

Bron
02-07-2011, 04:49 PM
At least Pixar allows a few years between sequels and waits until they come up with a decent storyline. With Dreamworks it sometimes feels like they rush them out to get some cash. I didn't think the latest Shrek was too bad (although I agree it wasn't necessary) but I really didn't like the third one. I feel like the first one was ruined somewhat by the ones that came after. I hope the same thing doesn't happen to Kung Fu Panda. I loved that movie!

fireluxlou
02-07-2011, 04:54 PM
http://www.memedepot.com/view.php?page=568

I like Pixar because they take something mundane whereas dreamworks just like to do animals with voices.

katiemac
02-07-2011, 06:24 PM
At least Pixar allows a few years between sequels and waits until they come up with a decent storyline. With Dreamworks it sometimes feels like they rush them out to get some cash. I didn't think the latest Shrek was too bad (although I agree it wasn't necessary) but I really didn't like the third one. I feel like the first one was ruined somewhat by the ones that came after. I hope the same thing doesn't happen to Kung Fu Panda. I loved that movie!

Toy Story 3 is incredible, and I love Pixar. But I am disappointed they scheduled three sequels in a row. Toy Story 3, Cars 2 and Monsters 2. Only one film a year, and it will have been four years until we see a completely original film from them.

fireluxlou
02-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Toy Story 3 is incredible, and I love Pixar. But I am disappointed they scheduled three sequels in a row. Toy Story 3, Cars 2 and Monsters 2. Only one film a year, and it will have been four years until we see a completely original film from them.

And they scrapped Newt :(

LOG
02-07-2011, 08:24 PM

He got better. :P

Zoombie
02-07-2011, 09:31 PM

I didn't even hear about Newt until...right now!

But googling it and reading the plot...why did this get scrapped?

That's an AWESOME idea!

AlexPiper
02-07-2011, 11:55 PM
But googling it and reading the plot...why did this get scrapped?

Apparently, because two other CGI animated films with similar plots are due out. Pixar doesn't like to appear to be hopping onto a trend, evidently. (The other two films are Rio, about to come out, and Alpha and Omega, which came out last year and didn't do well at all.)

Zoombie
02-08-2011, 11:08 AM
But...those movies were by Dreamworks and Fox!

According to the law of the universe, the law of the galaxy, Newt would have actually been awesome.

fireluxlou
02-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Newt would probably have more character depth than either of those two films as well.