Dreamwork sequels: 4 Madagascars, 6 Pandas and 3 Dragons.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
That's including the ones already out.
Haven't seen the Madagascar films, they don't really interest me.
I want to see HttyD, just haven't got around to it.
I am excited about there being 5 more Kung Fu Panda movies, as long as they stay good...when was the last time a series stayed goof for 6 movies in a row?

ceenindee

Registered
Reaction score
Six Pandas? I loved the first, but that seems like a lot. I saw the last Shrek recently and I didn't really feel like it was necessary.

Hopefully they'll keep coming up with original material anyway. I've noticed Pixar is starting to go down the sequel road too (Cars 2, Monsters Inc. 2...), but Toy Story went so well, I'm trusting they'll do a good job.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not so worried about the rest of the panda films being unnecessary at this point, we know so little of the characters or worlds from the first movie so a lot could potentially be expanded upon their. It's just...the longer a series goes, the chances for it to degrade increase, IMHO.

maggi90w1

CAVE!
Registered
Reaction score
The thread title would work awesome in a 12 days of Christmas song!

Bron

Registered
Reaction score
At least Pixar allows a few years between sequels and waits until they come up with a decent storyline. With Dreamworks it sometimes feels like they rush them out to get some cash. I didn't think the latest Shrek was too bad (although I agree it wasn't necessary) but I really didn't like the third one. I feel like the first one was ruined somewhat by the ones that came after. I hope the same thing doesn't happen to Kung Fu Panda. I loved that movie!

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
At least Pixar allows a few years between sequels and waits until they come up with a decent storyline. With Dreamworks it sometimes feels like they rush them out to get some cash. I didn't think the latest Shrek was too bad (although I agree it wasn't necessary) but I really didn't like the third one. I feel like the first one was ruined somewhat by the ones that came after. I hope the same thing doesn't happen to Kung Fu Panda. I loved that movie!

Toy Story 3 is incredible, and I love Pixar. But I am disappointed they scheduled three sequels in a row. Toy Story 3, Cars 2 and Monsters 2. Only one film a year, and it will have been four years until we see a completely original film from them.

fireluxlou

Registered
Reaction score
Toy Story 3 is incredible, and I love Pixar. But I am disappointed they scheduled three sequels in a row. Toy Story 3, Cars 2 and Monsters 2. Only one film a year, and it will have been four years until we see a completely original film from them.

And they scrapped Newt :(

AlexPiper

Wayward Wordsmith
Registered
Reaction score
Seattle, WA -- land of rain, home of the spice caf
Website
www.fabulaurbanus.com
But googling it and reading the plot...why did this get scrapped?

Apparently, because two other CGI animated films with similar plots are due out. Pixar doesn't like to appear to be hopping onto a trend, evidently. (The other two films are Rio, about to come out, and Alpha and Omega, which came out last year and didn't do well at all.)

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
But...those movies were by Dreamworks and Fox!

According to the law of the universe, the law of the galaxy, Newt would have actually been awesome.

fireluxlou

Registered
Reaction score
Newt would probably have more character depth than either of those two films as well.