Not Quite a Darwin Award Winner, but...

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
A man called 911 to ask how much trouble he could get into for growing marijuana.
Caller: I was just growing some marijuana. I was just wondering what the, how much, you know, trouble you get into for one plant.

Dispatcher: You're growing marijuana and you want to know how...depends on how big the plant is.

Caller: It's only a seedling.
Not surprisingly, they traced the call and paid him a visit.
Narcotics officers seized a small amount of marijuana and several pieces of drug paraphernalia that would be used to grow and smoke marijuana.

Michelson was arrested and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, illegal cultivation of marijuana, possession of a controlled substance less than 4 ounces (marijuana), and possession of drug paraphernalia in a drug factory.

He was released on $5,000 non-surety bond, but not before he made two obscene gestures to dispatchers as he left.
I see a Darwin award in this guy's future, even if he didn't earn one this time.

Michael Wolfe

Jambo Bwana
Registered
Reaction score
If I were in charge of the world, tying up the 911 line to play stupid games with the dispatcher would be considered much worse than growing pot in your house.

Mara

Clever User Title
Registered
Reaction score
Someone at the police station must have changed the difficulty setting to Very Easy.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe he expected some discount to his charges if he got a lot of them. Silly consumist mentality.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
:ROFL: A nice twist on the "calls 911 because burglars stole his stash" guy, that was getting old.

PinkAmy

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Reminds me of the lady who called 911 asking for a ride to the liquor, because she was too drunk to find her keys. The police paid her a visit too.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
"It depends. If you give us your address some nice men will come around to your place and weigh it for you."

You can't go wrong with free home service!