Another sign that Britain is going down the Toilet

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
I am just stunned. By This.

Honestly, to what further depths can society descend? In my day this would (definitely) not have happened.

I blame Tony Bliar. Or Prince Charles. Or the Nanny State.

God help us. Please.

ETA: and Thank You Daily Mail for keeping us abreast of such matters.

Last edited:

whimsical rabbit

Bunned
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with you. Earth is shaking right now. Although this is by no means a UK phenomenon, yeah? It's an incurable wide-spread disease.

Still, let us pause for a minute and wonder. Who should we blame? Those who print, or those who consume?

I just love when I see 'news' of a celebrity divorce printed next to, or before, an important scientific discovery. Makes you doubt your own darn judgement and priority evaluation...

Reaction score
Damn you, aruna. Damn you to Hades for making me know that exists. I have trouble enough sleeping as it is.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Stop the presses! That is really phenomenal news. I'll always remember where I was when I heard that some random celebrity had some food in her teeth in public... Oh me, oh my, what a life-changing turn of events!

*headdesk*

1000th Sun

Registered
Reaction score
:(
This is truly the issue of our times; I propose mandatory teeth flossing 5 times a day.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
:(
This is truly the issue of our times; I propose mandatory teeth flossing 5 times a day.

Overruled. :D
We need at least 7 times... >.<

I wish they'd just leave famous people alone... Not everyone has time to floss after every single meal. Who knows, maybe she ate out...

~Amber~

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Damn you, aruna. Damn you to Hades for making me know that exists. I have trouble enough sleeping as it is.
I am truly sorry, Scarlet, but these issues have been ignored for far too long. It's truly the stuff of mightmares. I shit my pants in horror when I first read it.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk

What is femail and should I care?

The more pertinent question. for me at least, is, who is Tara Reid?

It was like reading a headline saying, shock, horror, Some Random Jane Doe had food stuck in her molars!

whimsical rabbit

Bunned
Registered
Reaction score
I wish they'd just leave famous people alone... Not everyone has time to floss after every single meal. Who knows, maybe she ate out...

I wish famous people left us along, actually.

No, honestly. There are 'celebrities' that will appear about ten times in each trash-mag issue, and others that you'll only see when you choose to watch their movies. I'm not saying that Reid wanted to have the paparazzi take pictures of her teeth, but a)he's doing it because he knows lots of people will pay money to see that sort of crap and b) many a time, it's the 'celebrity's' publicist that makes sure their clients stay on the news at whatever cost.

Aruna's link is a perfect example of how hideously cheap entertainment has become, but on the other hand, I firmly believe that whoever wants to protect themselves and hide from public eye, they do (with a few exceptions of course).

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Things like this aren't anywhere close to news. I can't even call them press releases. Wouldn't surprise me if it's down to PR companies paying our toilet papers (wait, I mean news papers) to get their clients in the papers even for who gives a flying fuck stories like this.

And in other news, I wouldn't use the Mail to clean out my cat tray. My cats deserve better than that.

whimsical rabbit

Bunned
Registered
Reaction score
Things like this aren't anywhere close to news. I can't even call them press releases. Wouldn't surprise me if it's down to PR companies paying our toilet papers (wait, I mean news papers) to get their clients in the papers even for who gives a flying fuck stories like this.

And in other news, I wouldn't use the Mail to clean out my cat tray. My cats deserve better than that.

Such a waste of paper, really. Seriously, we're cutting down innocent trees for this?

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score

Honestly, to what further depths can society descend? In my day this would (definitely) not have happened.

God help us. Please.

I blame the shortage of NHS dentists.

Use an electric toothbrush - they reach the places that Flossy cannot reach.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
To be fair, Britain's been trying to go down the toilet for years. We just keep getting stuck in the U-Bend.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
I blame Twitter. Well, not Twitter itself, but imo it's the ultimate demonstration of how important the cult of celebrity is in our society.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

God help us. Please.

I could barely see the "dark matter" in her teeth. What is that, Britain's lame version of our TMZ in the U.S.? lol.

sulcusdentalhumorforgot.jpg