My poor little bubala

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
My 12 year old daughter dislocated her knee in Karate last night- one minute she's my tough little ninja-- next minute she's on the ground keening in pain- Her knee cap was so not where it was supposed to be- I mean I'm a nurse, I've seen a lot worse than that- But it was my baby! It popped back in on its own and nothing else appears torn- but that was just the ER doc- we see ortho on Monday-

quickWit

Totally Ninja!
Registered
Reaction score
that's exactly why I'm not a ninja.

*adjusts binding underwear*
*scratches*

I hope she feels better soon, shea :)

sheadakota

Registered
Reaction score
You can't be a ninja- to much white bunny fur on the black pajamas:D

Thanks Quicky-

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:(

Wishing her a speedy recovery!

sheadakota

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, no, shea! How's she doing today?
She's doing okay- her poor knee is swollen to about the size of a grapefruit and painful- I'm just wondering how I'm going to get her down the three steps off our deck to the car- Her dad carried her in when she came home from the er, but he won;t be there Monday when I have to take her to the ortho appointment- She's a tiny thing for 12 (about 98lbs) but I can't carry her- well I guess we will figure something out-

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
did she leap to her feet and do the same to her attacker?

cuz that would be badass

As it is - it's great it popped back in on its own. She'll be shredding the naysayers and reigning down the retribution on her enemies in no time. :)

sheadakota

Registered
Reaction score
Ha! Not quite. I was impressed with how tough she was about it though- I think it scared her sempi more than it did her (and me!) He was teaching the class ( he's a 2nd degree black belt - about 20 yrs old) and has known Maria since she started three years ago and felt so bad that she got hurt- he felt like it was his fault- It wasn't, it was just a freak accident. She did a breakfall wrong and all her weight landed on her extended knee and POP - out it went. I was right next to her and heard her crying and thought maybe she sprained her ankle or something, but when I pulled her pant leg up and saw her knee out of place I was like- whoa- I just hugged her and she said-"Oh it popped back in"
She definitley wants to go back to class as soon as she can- she's bummed becasue she is up for her 2nd degree brown belt and now that will be delayed-

sheadakota

Registered
Reaction score
Jeez!

They breed them tough in your area! a karate class that dislocates knees? I'm beginning to think I was cheated.
Ha! well it wasn't supoosed to happen - she readily admits she fell wrong- she defintely needs to work on her breakfalls.

Victoria

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Good move not relying on just one opinion. My daughter broke her leg when she was four. The ER doc said it wasn't broken and sent us home. It didn't get better, so I took her to our pediatrician who scheduled an ex-ray. It took five days to get a proper diagnosis of a green stem fracture, and she was in a cast for six weeks. I hope the ER doc was right in your daughter's case, and I wish her a speedy recovery.

sheadakota

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Victoria- greenstick fractures are the worse- s sorry your little one had to go through that. Both my husband and I are in medicine so we highly value second opinions- that was never a question-:)
Thanks for the well wishes, she says it feels better today and she can even bear a little weight on it-

sheadakota

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Kate! we see ortho tomorrow for the verdoct of exactly how bad (or good ) it is- keep your fingers crosed the news is good-