You know you are a nerd when...

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
...you realize that most people consider Earthworm Jim an obscure reference, and you are not only aware of it and its several sequels, but also know the concept artist's name, and what comic books he has made.

KaiaSonderby

The Little Aspie That Could
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aerodaydreams.livejournal.com
...you're reading a vampire book and your brain decides to craft an evolutionary explanation for why a vampire might have an aphrodisiacal bite.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
...your idea of a great night is sitting with your husband reading a book while he sorts pennies. And that book is a biography on King Henry VIII.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
... you spend an entire long weekend debating the similarities and differences in theme and style between Doctor Who and The Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy. With 5 people on the internet.

Histry Nerd

Moving Forward!
Registered
Reaction score
Texas. It's like a whole 'nother country.
...at Oktoberfest, you sit down next to the guy in full mid-19th-century Bavarian military uniform and spend twenty minutes discussing the differences between the Bavarian and Prussian uniforms and organizations.

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That you don't just belong to a band's fan club board, but also to a separate, secret board for fans of one particular album. :eek:

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
You can recite the Green Lantern Oath from memory.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...when the Intel Inside jingle is your cell phone's ringtone.

Eudoxia

The Undead Bookworm
Registered
Reaction score
When you stay up from 5pm-3am playing D&D in a room filled with junkfood and other unique friends.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
...when your instant response to any Labyrinth reference is to immediately start rattling off the lyrics to Magic Dance, correctly.

entropic island

Registered
Reaction score
... you spend an entire long weekend debating the similarities and differences in theme and style between Doctor Who and The Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy. With 5 people on the internet.
. . . you see this post on an internet forum for writers and feel obligated to pitch in by saying that Douglas Adams was a significant writer in multiple early episodes of the first Doctor Who.

Alternatively, you write songs about Pride and Prejudice and raps of Marxist writings in your spare time.

Kczimmy

Walking the Tightrope
Registered
Reaction score
. . . you see this post on an internet forum for writers and feel obligated to pitch in by saying that Douglas Adams was a significant writer in multiple early episodes of the first Doctor Who.

Alternatively, you write songs about Pride and Prejudice and raps of Marxist writings in your spare time.

"We have a winner!" :hooray:

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
when you rewire the power running through the kitchen's crawl space three times to get it all placed just right.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
You start a thread about being a nerd.:D

knotanes

Registered
Reaction score
For me? Personally? I know I'm a nerd when I wake up in the morning and see my reflection.

Not geek. Nerd. 100%

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
. . . you run into another tarantula hobbyist and start an animated conversation full of Latin names, acronyms, and slang nobody else understands.

Broadswordbabe

I'd rather be a cat.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gaiesebold.com
Your ring tone is the theme from Close Encounters, and your text-message alert is the sound a Star-Trek communicator makes. (OK I am not enough of a nerd to know the proper term for this noise, but I bet there is one).
And you know your friends are nerds too when you can have conversations almost entirely composed of quotes from Aliens, Terry Pratchett and The Thirteenth Warrior.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
...you get a pet rat just because you needed a topic for a science experiment. :D

~Amber~

pangalactic

Gargling blasters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
chrisbissette.com
...you not only have an entire floor-to-ceiling bookcase devoted to works by Neil Gaiman, you've got another one full of Stephen King stuff as well. In your bedroom. So nobody touches them.