PDA

View Full Version : Bones

Darke
02-03-2011, 04:37 AM
I love this show. I love the chemistry between the characters. I'm sooooo glad they didn't get Bones and Booth romantically involved.

Did anyone see last week's episode with the Gravedigger assasination? To put it in the words of my kid;

That was just epic!

Uncarved
02-03-2011, 04:39 AM
Her head! I mean it was there and then -boom- I was open-mouthed hanging after that.

But why can't they just let Sweets get really drunk and spill that Zack told him he was innocent but is jailed because "he would have done whatever he'd asked of him". Bring back Zack, there can be no "King of the Lab" decrees without him :(

Zoombie
02-03-2011, 04:50 AM
The only thing that's really bugging me about Bones is this...

Shadowy secret societies exist and they do enough bad things to convince Zack of the need to destroy them.

And...we're just...not going to follow up on that. That's kind of like having an episode where a dragon shows up, and everyone goes, "Wow, a dragon!" Then the next day is buisness as usual.

CtS
02-03-2011, 05:03 AM
I miss Zack! He was really good for the show. I'm actually watching a rerun of bones at the moment, tis such a fantastic show. ALL of the gravedigger episodes are good!

(I'm not trying to steal the bones thread but...)
Zoombie-Avatar was an amazing show!!! Hopefully this new idea with Korra will be at least decent...

Darke
02-03-2011, 05:31 AM
I miss Zach too. The lab just isn't the same without him. Not even the experiments, mind you, freezing the turkey and dropping it from the second floor was freakin hilarious!

Yeah, what about Ghormagoff(sp) There has to be more. They're like the Sith. :evil

MissMacchiato
02-03-2011, 05:33 AM
omg i just discovered this show!

I'm still on season one, but I'm in love. Booth and Brennan do have some awesome chemistry. I love them together!

Darke
02-03-2011, 05:47 AM
It's a great show! Lol, don't read anymore of this thread!!! It might spoil it for you.

rainsmom
02-03-2011, 05:52 AM
I'm so torn on this show. I love the show but HATE (with the burning passion of 100000 suns) Hart Hanson. He doesn't respect the audience at all. Brennan is a socially-stunted misfit at this point -- completely different than she was in season 1 (and not in a good, "character is developing" way). Booth doesn't even go into the lab anymore. Any relationship between Booth and Bones at this point would be PATHETIC.

In six years, I've skipped two seasons (though I've caught the episodes in reruns). I'm pretty close to dropping it again, if they don't get back on track here soon. Yes, this arc about the sniper seems awesome. I just have little hope that Hanson won't eff it up.

Aubie
02-03-2011, 06:04 AM
I LOVE Bones! My husband and I have watched it since season one. Angela is my fave-she is freaking awesome. And I adore her and Hodgins together. I was so pissed when they broke them up the first time, and was over the moon when they got back together.

DavidZahir
02-03-2011, 07:28 AM
This is one of my faves, along with House and Criminal Minds. But you know, if that news about Zack came out, he wouldn't be returning to the lab. He'd go to prison, as an accessory to multiple cases of first degree murder and cannibalism.

Hey, Bones finally admitted she loved Booth! That is enormous progress!

Darke
02-03-2011, 06:30 PM
I'm so torn on this show. I love the show but HATE (with the burning passion of 100000 suns) Hart Hanson. He doesn't respect the audience at all. Brennan is a socially-stunted misfit at this point -- completely different than she was in season 1 (and not in a good, "character is developing" way). Booth doesn't even go into the lab anymore. Any relationship between Booth and Bones at this point would be PATHETIC.

Lol, she always was a 'socially-stunted misfit'. If anything the fact that she expressed her feelings for Booth at the end of the last season shows that she has grown. She wouldn't have done that int he first season because her logical mind couldn't/wouldn't comprehend that emotion.

I'm glad they're not together. Nothing ruins a show fasther than having the two most popular characters hook up. Sure, it was nice in that 'dream sequence' episode, but to me, it's jumping the shark.

Satori1977
02-03-2011, 07:58 PM
I have watched every season, and really enjoy the show. I think it is starting to run its course though.

I miss Zack too, he was one of my favorites.

Glad that Hodgens and Angela are together and having a baby, they are so cute together. And when it was first obvious that he liked her, I didn't see it at all...now I can't get enough of them.

Bones as a character should have grown more, IMO. She seems to go in reverse sometimes with her social skills, which makes no sense. That Jersey Shore ep, I could barely watch that one. She acted so completely stupid and out of character.

If they get Booth and Bones together, it should be the very last ep when the series is ending. That would be nice. Beforehand, it would be like Moonlighting and just ruin the show.

CACTUSWENDY
02-03-2011, 08:30 PM
I too love the show and also agree about Bones regressing. She is at the point of not being believable. If she was as 'smart' and she is suppose to be she would be learning, not bouncing back to 'duh' all the time.

elmoie
02-03-2011, 09:50 PM
I also love this show, I have the most recent series (think it's five?) on DVD at home so I'm looking forward to getting some free time to watch it.

Darke
02-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Did anyone see last nights? I had a bad headache from writing.

cscarlet
02-04-2011, 06:43 PM
I did, and it wasn't bad, but it wasn't a fabulous episode either.

I miss some of the tension they had in previous seasons. Now it's all focused on romantic tension and it feels like solving the murders has taken a back seat. All they do now is introduce fancy new computer programs to solve the murders for them.

And I'm sorry, but if the writers put another Prius commercial into Bone's dialogue I might shoot myself.

That being said, I don't mind Bones still being a misfit. It's one of the things I love about her character. There was a cute scene last night where her cluelessness definitely made me chuckle :)

Grrarrgh
02-04-2011, 10:24 PM
And I'm sorry, but if the writers put another Prius commercial into Bone's dialogue I might shoot myself.

This. It's so annoying. I haven't noticed it in any other shows, and I really hope it doesn't start spreading.

Zoombie
02-05-2011, 08:56 AM
Did anyone else find the transition from having Stewy from family guy show up as a shark-jumping hallucination to Booth having a brain tumor as subtle and gracefully handled a holocaust themed ease-z-bake oven?