PDA

View Full Version : What strange things does your cat do?

Fruitbat
02-02-2011, 07:44 PM
I'm looking for examples of those strange, idiosyncratic things cats do, (either just one or their interactions). I know there are lots of them, since cats are crazy, but I can't think of any now.

Thank you!

ChaosTitan
02-02-2011, 07:46 PM
My cat changes her preferred sleeping spot about every ten days or so. For a while, it's a specific corner of the couch, or on top of a box in my closet. Right now, she's overtaken my papasan chair.

Every time a new box comes into the house (shoe box, books from Amazon) she has to jump on top of it, or into it. Even if she only stays there a few minutes, she has to check it out.

LBlankenship
02-02-2011, 08:21 PM
One of my cats eats cobwebs. He also seems to find human hair tasty, and will fish in the trash for those hairballs you pull off your hairbrush.

The other can't bury his poop to save his life. He's two feet away scratching at the wall trying to cover it. I don't know what he's thinking.

ChaosTitan
02-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Thought of another one. If your head is within reach (for example, you're sitting on the couch, or laying on the floor), then my sister's cat with get behind you and paw at your hair. She's de-clawed, so it mostly tickles. But she'll just sit there and paw at you like she's brushing your hair.

Zelenka
02-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Mine will come up on the back of the couch and tap me on the shoulder when he wants something, usually to sit on my lap. He also tells me he wants petted by pawing my cheek, which I think is cute. He's not declawed but he never puts his claws out doing it.

He eats cellophane and claws anything made of cardboard. Oh, and he pulls my coats down off the hook in the hall at night some times and makes beds out of them.

Spiral
02-02-2011, 08:59 PM
One of my cats likes to lick plastic bags.

Cyia
02-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Mine did the plastic bag thing, too. The vet said it's because a lot of plastic bags use animal products in production and she could taste it.

I had 2 cats. One refused to "cover" her deposits in the litter box, choosing to scratch at the wall instead, so the 2nd would hop in after her and do it for her.

1 would jump off the dresser and onto my stomach every morning at 2-2:30 am for a scratch. Every... morning...

They had a tag team effort to get into cabinets. The larger one would put her paws on the top of a cabinet door and wiggle the door open enough for the other to slip inside, then let the door close again. The 2nd would then knock the cabinet open with her head from the inside so they could pillage.

I had to be really careful with opening drawers. The larger cat would wriggle behind the bottom drawer and sit in the space behind it so I couldn't close it until she got out. She also clawed a hole in the bottom of my box springs and made herself a kitty-loft.

The smaller one (the litter warden) was a scorpion assassin. She'd pick them up and bury them in the litter box. When I cleaned their litter, I'd find mummified scorpions at the bottom.

CheyElizabeth
02-02-2011, 09:35 PM
One likes to sleep in the bathroom sink.

One LOVES plastic bags. She'll sit inside one for hours and hours. You can grab it by the handles and pick it up and she doesn't even move or object.

One buries herself in my hair while we're laying on the couch. And she crawls on top of my laptop when I'm trying to write as if to hog all my attention.

Marlys
02-02-2011, 09:38 PM
My mom had a cat who not only could open her dresser drawers, but actually taught her other cats to do it, too. Super-weird, super-intelligent cat. My mother had several stuffed animals lined up on her dresser, and once when she was on vacation this cat took them all and lined them up by the front door, like an offering to make her come home. That one creeped me out a little!

Shakesbear
02-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Muzzcat used to love stuffed olives - the little green ones stuffed with pimento. He would beg for one and once he had obtained the object of his idolatry he would gently pat it about before eating it. He also had the very endearing habit of lying on his back and rubbing the olive over his very furry tummy. He ponged for days after doing that.

PinkAmy
02-02-2011, 10:31 PM
My cat french kissed me. He also licked my eyelids to wake me up. Sometimes if I was sitting on the bed under the covers with me knees up, reading before bed, he'd crawl under my legs and lick my crotch.
Right after I got him, when he was a kitten he hurt his paw and was holding it in the air when he walked. I lavished him with love, kisses, and "poor baby". The next day he was limping with the other paw.
He liked to jump in the fridge, so I had to be really careful not to lock him in. I did once when he was a baby, when I opened the door he was sitting on the shelf and had ate his way under the saran rap and was going at the leg of lamb.
He slept under my arms at night. He was my best friend and I still miss my Little One, who died 2 year ago this May.

One of my other cats likes tortillas and salsa. I had a friend staying for about 10 days and he decided she was the love of his life, making me quite jealous. I was petting him and I said, "Who do you like better, Marianne or me?" He looked at me, jumped off my lap and jumped into her lap. Of course, he probably knew I favored Little One, but he still hurt my feelings.
His name is Puppy and he barks. I'm not kidding you, he sounds like a yippy dog yapping.

Sydneyd
02-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Weird things my cat does:

Loves to eat and hunt for ear plugs (the foam kind that block out noise)

Begs like a dog.

Yowls in your face when she wants to go to bed. If you dont want to sleep yet, too bad, it is time.

PinkAmy
02-02-2011, 10:37 PM
My mom had a cat who not only could open her dresser drawers, but actually taught her other cats to do it, too. Super-weird, super-intelligent cat. My mother had several stuffed animals lined up on her dresser, and once when she was on vacation this cat took them all and lined them up by the front door, like an offering to make her come home. That one creeped me out a little!

I had to put baby locks on my kitchen cabinets because of that. One of my more industrious cats worked with a second cat to get the food off the shelves.

Another one of my cats had a thing for stuffed animals too. He would drag animals three times his size from the upstairs downstairs. At first I thought I was going crazy, because I couldn't figure out why the stuffed animals weren't where I left them. When I saw him doing it I was shocked. He grew out of that after kittenhood, but he still likes rearranging things. Gloves and socks are never safe. One time he moved a plastic bucket with a handle from the living room to the kitchen.

PinkAmy
02-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Begs like a dog.

Awww, my Little One used to do that too!

Medievalist
02-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Every time a new box comes into the house (shoe box, books from Amazon) she has to jump on top of it, or into it. Even if she only stays there a few minutes, she has to check it out.

I've actually written about this because it's such a universal cat-obsession. The YouTube videos are both charming and bizarre.

Our cat once became so enamored of one of those big pizza delivery boxes she wanted to sleep on the closed box.

rugcat
02-02-2011, 11:46 PM
I had a cat that would sit on the back of a couch, staring out the front window.

When something unusual happened (like deer walking down the street looking for food in a particularly harsh winter) she would growl, exactly like a dog. Not a wail, not a yowl, a deep and steady growl.

Chris1981
02-02-2011, 11:51 PM
When I was a teenager, I had a little guy who turned out to be rather smart, especially when people food was involved.

Bombtrack taught himself to open the toaster oven. We had to shut him out of the kitchen whenever we used it because, as soon as our backs were turned, he was on the counter, pawing the door open.

When we brought in groceries, Bombtrack would sneak into one of the plastic bags, grab something, and run off to the bathroom with it. Once, he managed to get a large roll of pork sausage, but we reclaimed it. That kind of irritated him.

Most memorably, though, was an evening when Mom made fried chicken. The cat was sitting on the dining-room floor, allegedly minding his own business, when Dad picked up a large, fried chicken thigh from his plate.

Dad had this in both hands, about to take a bite, when a tabby-colored blur streaked across the table. The next thing my father knew, his hands were empty. Yes, Bombtrack was really that fast. And good.

The cat got the chicken into the bathroom and was happily munching away behind the toilet. We all agreed that he could just have it, as nobody wanted the chicken at that point. :)

Chase
02-02-2011, 11:52 PM
I don't "have" a cat. I'm the butler/cook for a "hearing ear" practitioner from Siam (There are no finer cat than I-am).

Hoang-Tu's ears point whenever someone is on my porch long before the door "bell" flashes. If I don't turn off the alarm clock shaker-flasher or the smoke alarm in the kitchen (both with buzzers) in a nano-second, he's kneading me with claws out.

He prefers to dig holes outside when he takes me for walks on his leash. Inside, he uses the toilet; the almost-never-used litter box is for emergencies of someone not leaving the lid up and seat down or closing the bathroom door. The butler takes care of flushes.

What's really spooky is he's supposed to be a "vociferous" cat breed, but my girl friend and others say his yowls and meows are always silent. Because I lip-read? That's one to ponder.

If I'm on the computer too long, he stands on the keyboard until I do whatever else he wants.

maggi90w1
02-03-2011, 12:09 AM
When our first cat got old he used to follow my mum into the shower. Wet cat.

HistoryLvr
02-03-2011, 12:21 AM
Oh my gosh, my cats do some weird things. Whenever my mom comes over, she parks in the driveway. My cat Megatron will spend the entire visit checking out her car. He will stand on the bumper like he's looking in the hood, check the tires, the whole car. But he only does it with her car. And he doesn't even like her.

My other cat, Socrates, constantly catches prey, usually birds or rodents, and though they are dead, will throw them up in the air by flinging his head, then pounce on them again. Like he's sad he can't catch them a second time.

And they both LOVE the laser pointer, but that's nothing new. Meg will even climb onto tables, counters, whatever to get to that god forsaken red dot!

Jessianodel
02-03-2011, 12:26 AM
My brothers cat used to act like a dog. He would turn the faucet just a little, then dip his paw into the water and lick it instead of drinking out of the water bowl. He would come up to you in the middle of the night and sit on your head (but he was fluffy you almost didn't care. If only he wasn't really fat...) He liked eating toilet bowl water (?) and when he was happy he "wagged" his tail like a dog. He definitely wanted to be a dog.

Smish
02-03-2011, 12:30 AM
My cat likes to sit on the bathtub ledge, between the shower curtain and the liner. And then she jumps out and terrifies the unsuspecting human in the bathroom (usually me...).

She also sorts her toys and hides them in various places around the house. Toys that rattle are currently hidden behind the television stand. Toy mice get stuffed in my shoes. Ponytail holders and the rings around the tops of the milk cartons are all behind the couch.

And just this weekend I discovered she's been stuffing things in the window blinds. The window sill in my office contained one playing card, an unopened ketchup packet, three pen tops, and a paperclip.

whacko
02-03-2011, 12:41 AM
My parents' cat walks slowly right in front of me when I'm on my feet. I think the little bugger's trying to trip me up.

Evelyn
02-03-2011, 12:45 AM
Okay, I have a lot of cat stories. I have six cats, all indoor. But I'll just tell you about Smokey.

He's a Cornish Rex, and he's the most intelligent cat I've ever had. He's also the most obnoxious and annoying cat I've ever had. He's my favorite, but don't tell him or it'll go to his head. I swear that cat understands everything going on around him.

He wants to know what I'm making for dinner each night. If I don't hold him up to the stove and let him have a good look-see, then he runs to the other room and complains to my husband. "Evelyn, show Smokey what you're making!" my husband will yell, and then in comes Smokey again with tail held high and a smug look on his face and a "you got in trouble!" meow.

He's not allowed outside; but he knows that on sunny days, I'll carry him out on the back deck and sit with him on my lap. He adores this. He has a special way of requesting a deck-visit, a special meow that I understand.

Smokey doesn't have a lot of hair, and what he does have is as soft as velvet, and curly. He gets cold at night. He has yet another "meow-meow" that is a request for me to lift the blankets for him to go underneath. He goes down to my knees, and then turns around and lays right next to me, with just his little face with the screwed-up whiskers and the enormous Cornish Rex ears poking out.

I swear he knows he looks fetching like that.

Ah, Smokey. Life has never been the same since I met you...

Canotila
02-03-2011, 12:53 AM
MY husband's cat has a burning hatred of me.

She has pooped on my shoes. While I'm still wearing them.

She uses my indoor plants as a litter box. I think she enjoys killing them.

She has repeatedly peed on my lap. Once I carried her inside because there was a blizzard and I felt bad for her (she has to sleep in a pet carrier when indoors because of her potty habits) and she peed all over my hands.

She also has some weird separation anxiety. If you start walking away from the house she'll follow you and make sounds and weird licky facial movements exactly like the cat in this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vXh6hNf-7k

Loves to tease the dogs. Fortunately they like her. She's had some near misses with the neighbor dogs though.

Kitti
02-03-2011, 01:26 AM
One of my old landlady's cats likes to play fetch with stick toys. She also jumps up and turns off lights. And rips keys off laptop keyboards if you leave the laptop open and unattended for more than three seconds. And if you don't lock her out of the bathroom, she sticks her paws through the rubber seal at the bottom of the shower and smacks at your feet while you shower. Then afterwards, she comes into the stall and rolls around on the wet tiles.

I've had several cats who like to roll around on concrete and one who would lick concrete and fireplace bricks. That one also had a sweaty/stinky human-stuff fetish - she LOVED to stick her whole head into my brothers shoes and was constantly trying to burrow her way into my soccer bag, especially when the weather got warm.

One of my cats used to stretch with me - I'd pick him up and we'd do backbends together. He was also the cat who, when called to come inside the house, would yowl the entire time he raced home, so that we knew he was coming and wouldn't give up and just lock him out. And he played "bottle-cap soccer" all over the kitchen floor.

Most, if not all, of my cats have climbed the Christmas tree at one point or another. The current pair actually has knocked over the tree enough times that it had to be bolted to a pieces of wood to stay upright. This added stability enabled the smaller cat to climb all the way to the top and bat at the star until it fell down (whereupon she took her rightful place at the tip-top of the tree.)

Other oddities... I have one cat who steals my Slurpee straws, while I'm trying to drink out of them. My cats also drink tea - they prefer P.G. Tips with sugar and milk, though they'll settle for the Panera brew in a pinch. They like taking their toys into the tub and playing "tub hockey" with each other. One of my cats used to chase his own tail and bite at it. Another likes to jump into trash cans. And the most coveted napping spot in the entire house is on my computer (generates lots of heat, plus you can chase the mouse on the screen!) but they'll settle for napping on the power supply in a pinch.

And that's just off the top of my head.

P.S. And if you look at my profile picture, you will see their usual nap spots when they are denied access to a nice warm computer....

Ms Hollands
02-03-2011, 01:45 AM

Oh yeah, that's creepy.

I have a relatively normal cat, although when I go away, he protests by pooing by the front door (on the mat - always on a mat) or out the back of his litter tray. I think I'd prefer the creepy soft toy thing.

He also prefers to drink out of the toilet despite having a fresh bowl of water at least twice a day (he always dumps his food in it).

Spiral
02-03-2011, 01:56 AM
She has repeatedly peed on my lap. Once I carried her inside because there was a blizzard and I felt bad for her (she has to sleep in a pet carrier when indoors because of her potty habits) and she peed all over my hands.

That just reminded me of a cat I had when I was pregnant with my first child. Around my eighth month, she suddenly started peeing on me every night. Not the most pleasant way to wake up.

SilverBirch
02-03-2011, 02:12 AM
My cat is a little person in a cat's body. He drools when he's happy, loves yogurt, will roll broccoli pieces around the floor like he's a soccer player at World Cup, and will lick beer bottle caps if he happens to come across one. He LOVES cheese and can hear the sound of the little drawer in the fridge where said cheese is kept from across the house. He loves to sit in the screened-in porch and chase the shadows of lizards crawling around the outside of the screen. And, like everyone else's cats, he will immediately jump into any cardboard box introduced into his environment.

I had another cat a few years ago who managed to steal the turkey out of my brother's sandwich (when he unwisely left it unattended for half a minute) and down the evidence before he came back. He'd finished the whole sandwich before he realized what had happened.

And for anyone who hasn't seen Simon's Cat (http://www.simonscat.com/films.html) yet, go watch! Now!

Collectonian
02-03-2011, 02:38 AM
My cat used to like to lick my hair when I was sitting on the futon and she was laying behind me (no longer have it so she can't do it anymore).

Every dog bed I've had for my dogs, after approximately 1 year of ownership, she begins to pee on them. Soon as they are clean and back, next morning more pee. She will pee on any clothing or clothing-like items lying on the floor. As she has gotten older, she extended this behavior to my shoes when I wasn't wearing them, so now I have to keep my shoes off the floor when not in use.

She will randomly walk into another room, start yowling as if she has lost her best friend, until I call her, then she runs in like "oh, I found you!"

For the most part, she dislikes any fish/seafood cat food and treats, but loves fresh shrimp tails. She also has eats: muffins, cornbread, cake, ice cream (if we'll let her), pasta, and she has an absolute obsession with cheese. She has also snuck and drunk my fruit juice from my cup. She will stalk you through the house and stare you down until she gets her share.

She also has an obsession with Icy Hot (shared by one of my dogs). If I use it on my knees when they hurt, she will start rubbing herself against them, then start kneading and biting them, before happily settling down to lay so she can just smell them. However, she has no such reaction to catnip! :-P

debirlfan
02-03-2011, 04:31 AM
My cat changes her preferred sleeping spot about every ten days or so. For a while, it's a specific corner of the couch, or on top of a box in my closet. Right now, she's overtaken my papasan chair.

This. Our does the same thing.

AyJay
02-03-2011, 06:16 AM
The idiosyncratic things that come to mind are eating habits. My former cat loved spaghetti and sauce (only the jarred variety and preferrably Prego). If I'm eating crackers, like Stoned Wheat thins, my current cat will go crazy and insist on biting off pieces for herself. She also loves reduced calorie wheat bread. I guess it's the salt.

Fenika
02-03-2011, 06:56 AM
Both my cats (RIP), who were half or full siblings, came when called. Usually, ofc.

The female stole the show however.

She would:

Ring the door bell

Knock on the porch door (it had no door bell)

Sit at the door if she wanted to go back out

Stare down the neighbor's dobermans (in retrospect, I should have given the neighbor hell for letting his dogs loose)

Seek out tiny decorative baskets or small boxes and curl up in them, even if she didn't fit. She also liked stacks of newspapers.

Knew the commands 'downstairs' (She wasn't supposed to be upstairs) and 'outside' (You could stand by the open door and say this, rather than having to chase her out). She and her brother also knew to not go on the counter EVAR. (Except when my mom gave one raw tuna, leave it on the counter, and go into the other room to get something. My mother never did THAT again.)

And here's the damnest thing, that Cali did repeatedly for awhile: She'd be all curled up on your lap, sweet as could be. Suddenly and without warning, she'd LEAP UP and SHOOT OFF, like a bat out of hell had bitten her. And while you sat there, with your arms thrown up in the air, wondering wtf, it would hit you. Cat fart.

Yeahhhhhhh.

LoopyLinde
02-03-2011, 07:26 AM
A roommate had a cat that was obsessed with paper clips. He would collect them from around the house and put them in his food dish. We always knew where to find one if we needed it.

Canotila
02-03-2011, 10:00 AM
My old, brilliant, wonderful cat who passed away several years ago was pretty awesome.

If you didn't share your food with him, he'd find some way to ruin it the next day. We made really sure to give him a sample of whatever was for dinner, even if he hated it, so he had a chance to turn it down. Otherwise someone would walk into the kitchen the next day and find a cat warming their feet in the lasagna, Garfield style.

He also had a vendetta against onion bagels. He thought they were the most repulsive things ever created and that somehow he was doing us a great favor by shredding them into tiny little crumbs of bread and plastic all over the table. He'd get really proud of himself when he did and show off. We were never able to convince him that we actually liked them, so they had to be hidden.

He loved leaving slimy wet presents around the house. Namely mouse livers. I have no idea why he never ate the liver. Just left it somewhere prominent for us to admire.

He also knew we hated the raccoons (we had poultry) so at night if they came around he'd run to the door and meow until someone followed him. Then he'd show us exactly where they were skulking around so we could get rid of them.

One of my friends has a kitten now that learned how to open the DVD player. She's highly amused by it, and spent about 20 minutes opening and closing the DVD player when she first figured it out.

cryaegm
02-03-2011, 10:54 AM
Merlin loves boxes.

And when I say boxes, I really mean boxes.

You get a new package or go out and buy something in, obviously, a box, and the next thing you know, he's looking at it, walking around it, and sniffing it. When he's done, he'll try to get in the box, even if it's still shut.

My mom got my sister some pots and pans for her apartment and it was in the kitchen. Well, Merlin saw it and opened the box all on his own.

He's even tried getting in the dishwasher.

He also loves to turn the computer on and off, after realizing all he had to do was get on top of the HP computer tower and step on it, then walk out from behind like nothing happened (though he pokes his head out and looks to see if you're watching).

He also gets really stinky.

(If you have the bath tub running, he'll jump on the ledge and look at it, contemplating about whether or not he should jump in.)

What else about him....Oh. He learned how to open doors. He also will get on your lap and start purring, giving you his "bedroom" eyes and then out of nowhere, will bite the shit out of your knee and keep going at it until he's had his way with it.

He also loves green beans and other veggies.

Mormo is, well, Mormo. She doesn't like baths so much, but she'll play with the water and wash her paws. She also gets tempted by the toilet and gets on it to see what it's all about.

Then she falls in. Head first.

She's my kitty. What I mean by that is that she'll follow me around and meows at my door when she wants in. She'll sleep next to me, too. She starts meowing when I'm taking a shower as if I got lost and won't ever return until I poke my head out and look at her (all three are rude and will barge in while you're going to the bathroom or about to take a shower; they don't even close the door). There's really nothing strange that she does besides love watching people cook and "tries" to help.

Then there's Eos.

She's bitch kitty. She acts like a bitch and doesn't wanted to be petted unless she comes up to you for treats. Even then she'll let you pet her for only a few minutes before not wanting to be touched anymore, just like a princess or a goddess.

She loves to sleep on printers for whatever reason. In fact, all three do. All three also play fetch, and Eos loves to play with onions when they're available or she can find them. The two kittens (Merlin and Mormo) will play with anything, no matter what it is.

We also don't have catnip out. Last time we did that, Eos sniffed it out, grabbed it with her paws and opened it all on her own. Then the kittens were rolling in it while wrestling with each other and Eos hid underneath the table like she did nothing.

And when Merlin has catnip, he gets "suicidal". He jumps off of really high places like he can fly and tries to get it on with boxes, tubes, what have you, and gets a little too close to my doggie, who is really old (we call him Old Man) and not as patience as he once was.

Oh and they don't exactly act like cats. They act more like dogs. When they're happy/excited, they'll wag their tail.

Linda Adams
02-03-2011, 02:59 PM
We had one cat who became an overeater after we got a new dog. Because we had dogs who would have gladly eaten cat food, we put his canned food on the cat tree, which was located near the kitchen. These are some of the things he did on that tree:

Hated tuna. Whap! Knocked off a full can of cat food.

Can's empty. I'm hungry now. Whap! Knocked the can off. The dogs really knew to listen for the thunk of the can falling. They'd get something out of it every time!

Wait, my food's empty and you haven't fed me yet. First person who passed the kitchen: Meow! very loud. Second person: Meow! Third person: The claws came out and he took a swipe.

He also had two purrs. One was the "I'm happy" purr. But if he was hungry, he'd come in the middle of the night, wake you up, sit on your face and purr very, very loudly.

KaiaSonderby
02-03-2011, 05:20 PM
I'm from what might be termed a "crazy cat family". We've had way too many...more than 15 at once, one time.

My hubby and I have our own now and she can be very strange. She's half Turkish Angora, half Scottish Fold, and all stupid. Honestly, you've never met a cat this dumb. :D

Lately, she's obsessed with licking. When we're petting her, she'll crane her head around and stretch her tongue out as far as it'll go, trying to lick us. And she'll lick any surface: clothes, skin, hair.

For awhile she had a bad habit of dragging her poo out of the litter pan and playing with it. Fortunately she doesn't do that anymore, but she digs forever in her litter pan, gathers all the litter up on one side, then scrapes at the bare plastic. She also scrapes at the floor outside the litter pan and near her food bowl.

She has a strange fascination with water. We catch her using her paw to drink from her water fountain all the time. Once she jumped in the toilet while my husband was using it (earning herself the nickname the Princess in the Pee :D ). And you'd think she'd be over jumping in liquids, but just a couple weeks ago she jumped in the bathtub while the water was draining. After I'd used a glitter-intensive Lush bathbomb!

She chatters at light spots (reflections off surfaces, generally) like they're birds she can hunt. Her eyes go wide and bug out when she's in a crazy mood, and she airplanes her ears down and straight out to the side. And she does this weird crabstepping thing, where she arches her back and walks/hops sideways. Lastly, she has an irrational distaste for wrapping paper. No idea why. :)

CheyElizabeth
02-03-2011, 06:31 PM
brightlyiburn - that reminds me.. my cat dips her paw in the water too. She never drinks with her tongue, she just licks water off her paw. She's prissy that way

KaiaSonderby
02-03-2011, 07:07 PM
brightlyiburn - that reminds me.. my cat dips her paw in the water too. She never drinks with her tongue, she just licks water off her paw. She's prissy that way

We try not to let ours do that because she has a bad habit of going in her litter pan right after and coming out covered in litter. I've had a few cats with that habit, usually because they're prissy, but she hasn't got a prissy bone in her body. She's just strange. :D

JulieHowe
02-04-2011, 01:13 AM
I'm looking for examples of those strange, idiosyncratic things cats do, (either just one or their interactions). I know there are lots of them, since cats are crazy, but I can't think of any now.

Thank you!

My cat only rarely does this now, but for years, she was obsessed with drowning furry mice toys in her water bowl. I knew when she was having a particularly bad day - the bowl was full of wet mice toys. She'd do this funny thing - grabbing the mouse tail by her teeth, she'd shake the toy like she was a f**ing mountain lion teasing prey before the final kill, and then she'd dunk the mouse into the water bowl.

Sheryl Nantus
02-04-2011, 03:44 AM
Our monster, Mitchell (when he's not Mr. Trill or Fartacus) has a strange habit... well, it's hard to explain.

We have various small furry mice toys around the house. He'll pick up one in his mouth, bring it to you and make you toss it and retrieve it. Sometimes. Or he'll just walk around with it in his mouth and trill through it.

Because he can't meow. He sort of goes Me-how with a raspy hiss. Sad.

Then he'll stack the mice all around and in the food dish as if he's feeding them. Sometimes the water dish. Which he drinks out of the far end and gets his front all wet.

And he snores.

Loudly.

A very strange fuzzaloid.

JulieHowe
02-04-2011, 03:50 AM
Our monster, Mitchell (when he's not Mr. Trill or Fartacus) has a strange habit... well, it's hard to explain.

We have various small furry mice toys around the house. He'll pick up one in his mouth, bring it to you and make you toss it and retrieve it. Sometimes. Or he'll just walk around with it in his mouth and trill through it.

Because he can't meow. He sort of goes Me-how with a raspy hiss. Sad.

Then he'll stack the mice all around and in the food dish as if he's feeding them. Sometimes the water dish. Which he drinks out of the far end and gets his front all wet.

And he snores.

Loudly.

A very strange fuzzaloid.

:)

cryaegm
02-04-2011, 03:54 AM
I'm from what might be termed a "crazy cat family". We've had way too many...more than 15 at once, one time.

My hubby and I have our own now and she can be very strange. She's half Turkish Angora, half Scottish Fold, and all stupid. Honestly, you've never met a cat this dumb. :D

Lately, she's obsessed with licking. When we're petting her, she'll crane her head around and stretch her tongue out as far as it'll go, trying to lick us. And she'll lick any surface: clothes, skin, hair.

For awhile she had a bad habit of dragging her poo out of the litter pan and playing with it. Fortunately she doesn't do that anymore, but she digs forever in her litter pan, gathers all the litter up on one side, then scrapes at the bare plastic. She also scrapes at the floor outside the litter pan and near her food bowl.

She has a strange fascination with water. We catch her using her paw to drink from her water fountain all the time. Once she jumped in the toilet while my husband was using it (earning herself the nickname the Princess in the Pee :D ). And you'd think she'd be over jumping in liquids, but just a couple weeks ago she jumped in the bathtub while the water was draining. After I'd used a glitter-intensive Lush bathbomb!

She chatters at light spots (reflections off surfaces, generally) like they're birds she can hunt. Her eyes go wide and bug out when she's in a crazy mood, and she airplanes her ears down and straight out to the side. And she does this weird crabstepping thing, where she arches her back and walks/hops sideways. Lastly, she has an irrational distaste for wrapping paper. No idea why. :)
All Mormo does is wash her paws in her water dish. Merlin will sit in the litter box after it's changed. All three of them will chirp. My sister's cat clicks his tongue and butt bounces.

Kenra Daniels
02-04-2011, 06:29 AM
One of my cats pees in odd places for a cat. She started out following me to the bathroom every time I went, then one day she jumped in the bathtub and squatted over the drain. Eventually, she started perching on the toilet seat and peeing in it. Now, she still uses the tiolet, and if the bathroom door is closed, or it's too far away for her, she perches on the side of the dogs' water bowl and pees in it. The poor dogs have to go without water until I dump it, wash the bowl and refill it. Then I have to guard and make sure they drink their fill before she does it again.

thothguard51
02-04-2011, 06:55 AM
Cats peeing out side the letter box is usually a sign they are marking territory, especially if there are other animals in the house... their house.

Gugland
02-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Senna was a weird one.

She figured out how to open cupboards, but I put that to use by putting her litterbox under the sink in the bathroom. She was also polite enough to close the "door" when she was done.

She refused to eat or drink from anything but high ball glasses (I've already incorporated that into one screenplay).

She would hook a piece of dry food with her claw, drop it in her water and pat it a few times, then pick it back up and eat it off her claw.

She loved anything on TV that was yellow and moved quickly - race cars, Green Bay Packers, etc. On occasion, she'd even push a box in front of the entertainment center so she could reach the TV and swat at the yellow things.

She enforced a strict one-night only policy with my lady friends. She'd tolerate them for a night, but if they lingered the next morning, she would attack them. And not just a scratch - we're talking deep, bleeding cuts. But never when I was in the room. I guess I didn't mind that one either.

When I moved to Portland, she figured out how to open the window. How, I don't know, 'cause it was one of those old heavy windows that slides upwards - the kind you have to lift from both sides at once or it gets jammed. I woke up one morning, the window was open and she was gone. I thought for sure she'd've been injured in the 3 story drop from the window, and figured I'd find her nearby in the throes of dying, but I never found her.

Two years later as I was loading the moving van to come back to California, she appeared - just sitting there on the sidewalk, staring at me. It was right by the door that I came and went from every day for those two years and I had never seen her once. I tried to get her but she ran off.

heyjude
02-04-2011, 12:34 PM
When my cat was a kitten and occasionally went outside, he would knock to be let back in. Sounded just like a person knocking. Kind of creepy to answer the door and find nothing but a tiny scrap of orange looking at you.

cryaegm
02-04-2011, 12:46 PM
When my cat was a kitten and occasionally went outside, he would knock to be let back in. Sounded just like a person knocking. Kind of creepy to answer the door and find nothing but a tiny scrap of orange looking at you.
Merlin does that. It freaked me out because I didn't know who it was or who would even be knocking on my door, at three in the morning.

Bmwhtly
02-04-2011, 02:29 PM
My sister's cat, when she was younger, used to follow you into the bathroom and then sit in the sink. And no, you couldn't shut her out of the bathroom, she would sit outside and Meow... MEOW!

Also, although I think this is universal, both were mad for the smell of mint. Picture the scene; it's after dinner, you're sitting on the sofa wondering why you ate so much. You have a piece of gum or a mint. Now close your eyes for 10 seconds, when you open them you'll have a lap-full of cat. A cat whose head is an eighth of an inch from your mouth, sniffing furiously.

seun
02-04-2011, 03:12 PM
One of mine won't cover up his crap. He leaves it for the other one to bury afterwards. He'll also knock over glasses of water on the floor. They both love boxes. They also have an odd relationship with the carry box we use if they have to go to the vet. A year or so back, we had to take one to the vet. With the idea of leaving the box on display so they wouldn't automatically associate it with the vet, we left it in the living room. Both liked to either sleep inside it or on top of it. One night, my wife and I were watching something on TV which made us laugh a lot. Cat in the box reaches for the door and pulls it closed as if to tell us he's trying to sleep.

Which made us laugh even more.

heyjude
02-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Merlin does that. It freaked me out because I didn't know who it was or who would even be knocking on my door, at three in the morning.

Is Merlin supersmart? My Bug is supersmart. Scary smart. I always wondered how he learned this trick. I suppose from watching the humans do it.

JimmyB27
02-04-2011, 05:50 PM
And I thought our cats were weird!

Our first two were Cindy and Tinker. Cindy was fairly normal, except she used to love being picked up and carried - used to put her front paws around your neck.
Tinker was a little loon. He used to love maltesers - he'd go pelting after one if you rolled it along the floor.
We had the gasman over one time to fix the boiler or something. He came, did his job, left. A couple of hours later we got a call - "Do you have a tabby cat?". Yep, Tinker had stowed away in the gasman's van.
Of the next two, Smokey's now departed, and he was fairly normal, aside from being a complete coward.
Misty though, she's probably the barmiest.
If she's outside, and it's been raining, she walks around on three legs.
She sits at the patio door waiting to be let in, and as soon as your hand touches the handle to open it, she does a little 360 and sits down again until you open it.
Sometimes, she'll be sitting on the floor, when she'll suddenly leap straight up a couple of feet in the air, go bounding off like greased lightning upstairs, all the way along the landing into my parents' bedroom, and back down, skidding to a halt before washing behind her ears and sitting down again like nothing's happened.
If you talk to her, she answers. Sometimes a miaow, sometimes a purr, and sometimes this odd little half-purr, half-miaow thing she does.
She carries my mum's pop-socks around in her mouth - always finding them in random places.
She can open the cupboard under the stairs, and loves to hide in there if my parents forget to block it.
After Smokey died, she mourned him. Got all clingy, following my mum everywhere around the house all day. She also seems to have taken on some of his traits. He was a greedy bugger, while she barely ate anything. Now she's always eating. He used to come out to the kitchen when my dad carved the sunday roast, begging for scraps, now she does.

seun
02-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Sometimes, she'll be sitting on the floor, when she'll suddenly leap straight up a couple of feet in the air, go bounding off like greased lightning upstairs, all the way along the landing into my parents' bedroom, and back down, skidding to a halt before washing behind her ears and sitting down again like nothing's happened.

Yep. Cats love to do that.

Bmwhtly
02-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Sometimes all that elegent feline dignity is just too much to maintain :)

Stijn Hommes
02-04-2011, 08:13 PM
My cat dances. He shakes his tail and walks from side to side (bigger steps with his front paws, smaller ones with his back paws. No one in our circle of friends and acquaintances has seen anything like it. He seems to do it when he's particularly glad to see someone...

jallenecs
02-04-2011, 08:22 PM
We had a cat when I was a girl. His name was Oedipus Rex (because of his rather creepy relationship with his mother). He would drape himself around my mom's neck, like he was a living, purring mink stole, and wait for her to feed him by hand from that position.

Buffysquirrel
02-04-2011, 08:59 PM
My ginger cat paddy-paws his way up and down me in the mornings, from my feet to my chest, up and down, back and forth, until I wake up and touch him. Then he goes and lies down at the foot of the bed. I have NO idea why he does this.

He also likes to ambush me from behind the curtain over the front door. Suddenly this orange paw will shoot out and grab my ankle. Lots of the time though I already saw him run over there--he'll run right past me and then 'hide'.

My parents had a Siamese cat at a time when the neighbours had a Beagle they kept tied up. That cat knew the exact length of the Beagle's rope and would sit just out of reach and taunt him. This was a daily entertainment. The Beagle never learnt to ignore him.

My parents also had a Russian Blue who often slept on the top rail of the fire guard. It was about, what, an inch wide? Inch and a half? That cat never fell off. Front paws curled under herself. Fast asleep.

A cat that we had for years loved the small plastic objects that come out of Kinder eggs or Christmas crackers. She would jump up to where some of them were, and then select the one she wanted to play with. She'd knock it down onto the floor with her paw, jump down, pick it up in her mouth and carry it off to the hallway, where she'd bat it up and down for ages.

I've also seen my tortie cat that I have at the moment go and bat the human-powered toy she wants to play with and make clear signals to the human that it's playtime, hello! She does this with the laser pointer and also did it with a small bow my husband made that fired q-tips.

Buffysquirrel
02-04-2011, 09:01 PM
We had the gasman over one time to fix the boiler or something. He came, did his job, left. A couple of hours later we got a call - "Do you have a tabby cat?". Yep, Tinker had stowed away in the gasman's van.

My niece's cat did something similar--climbed into the builder's van. Only the van went straight into the garage for a week. Poor cat was very hungry and thirsty when she was finally found. Niece had given up hope.

mscelina
02-04-2011, 09:30 PM
God, where do I begin? We own cats, we bottle feed orphaned litters until they're weaned, we rescue cats and we foster cats. Right now, we have eleven felines who all live indoors and they all have strange habits. Let's see--in order of age.

Satan--stereotypical black cat: Satan does backflips in the litter box. Standing backflips. When we went to the shelter to get our first kitten, she was backflipping then. We took her home and named her Tiara. That night, she somehow managed to open my jewelry box and drag all my necklaces and bracelets out and hide them. Hence, the name change.

Impy--Maine coon male. Impy has (1) set his tail on fire, twice. (2) followed a toddler around the house for hours, the toddler leading him with a string. The kid had one end in his hand, Impy had the other in his mouth. (3) sleeps in the bathroom sink. (4) stands on his hind legs and opens the closet door in the hallway, then hides under the coats to get away from the baby.

Gabriel--1/2 Maine Coon, 1/2 Satan--another jewelry stealer. I have to hide my watches from him. Two years ago, Gabriel opened the refrigerator door the day after Thanksgiving, dragged out the turkey and invited the rest of the heathens to come have a feast. They did. We found the culprit and the carcass, stripped of meat, in the middle of the kitchen floor.

Pixie--American shorthair brown and grey tabby. Pixie is the matriarch. We rescued her from a wheel well when she was a kitten. Pixie can walk on her back legs. She also is a notorious food thief. We had post-bar company over one night and we were eating White Castles. Out of nowhere, a grey and brown blur flies through the air, rips a cheeseburger out of our guest's hand, and takes off under the couch with it.

Muggle--orange and white tabby. Muggle is the escape artist. To date, Muggle has opened the refrigerator, the kitchen cabinets, the kitchen drawers, the dishwasher, the microwave, the front door, the screen door, my filing cabinet and the dryer. He went for a brief and apparently terrifying ride in the dryer as a result--and doesn't go near it to this day.

Volunteer--orange and white tabby. Volunteer is the only cat I've ever had to rescue from a moving ceiling fan. That's all I really want to say about that.

Crookshanks--orange and white tabby. Crookshanks rips the twist ties off the bread and the blue plastic rings from the tops of gallon jugs. Then he hoards them under the rug in the living room. Crookshanks has the robo-butt--you touch his back and his butt rises automatically in the air. The baby plays this game with him for HOURS.

Meowkivitch--black and white cat. Meowkivitch is the world's clumsiest cat. he has fallen both up and down the stairs. He's clotheslined himself on game controller and computer cords. Everytime he tries to jump up on the counter or the bed, he misses.
This cat is the one who plays with the baby's toys if they're left out--in the middle of the night. He experiments with the toy until he finds the button that makes the most noise...then he bats it over and over and over.

Elf--grey and white tabby. Elf is my writing buddy. He was the runt of a litter of nine, and I bottle fed him from birth. As a result, he thinks I am his mother. Elf wakes up and looks for me. He walks through the house, crying. When I'm sick, he stays right beside me. When I am away, he gets depressed. He sits by the front window with his head bent and sighs. He chews on plastic bags, fights his reflection in the hall mirror, and lets the baby hug and kiss on him without complaint. The sweetest little cat ever. Once he got down into the air conditioning duct work--and came back out with a diamond bracelet in his mouth. Love. That. Cat.

Biscuit--black and orange calico cat. Biscuit is a rescue--she ran up to me in the parking lot of the bar crying when she was only a few weeks old and it was ten below outside. She never grew past the size of an adolescent so it's like having a permanent kitten. This is the cat that we have to keep a bell on because she's always getting in trouble. The first time we lost her in the house, we found her asleep in the top of a floor lamp. She climbs the Christmas tree and rides it down. She *owns* the house and every other cat here is terrified of her. She sneaks into the baby's room--off limits to cats--so she can sleep with her. Everytime the baby goes to bed, we check the room. No Biscuit. When the baby wakes up, Biscuit is curled up by her on the bed.

Asphodel--black/orange/white calico. The mean cat--also the only one of my cats to be featured in a published story. Asphodel was the inspiration for the Kitten of Fire story, One Hell of a Cat. (I'm warped, I tell you. Warped.) Asphodel--also known as Baby--likes to beat up dogs. She also likes to sleep in the bathtub when it's wet and chewed her way through a metal window screen so she could walk on the roof of the house.

Sapphire--Burmese. Sapphire is the cat I refused to let my teenage daughter name Meow Meow. Sapphire begs for treats. She stands on her hind legs and pats my knee or arm until I give her some. She rolls over on command, hoards cat toys by stashing them in the bathroom drawers. She also figured out that if she jumps on the hot water heater in the basement, she can crawl through the hole where the pipes go into the cabinet under the bathroom sink. Then she pushes open the drawer to get out, and, in the process, blocks us from opening the door. We have to slide a butcher knife under the door and work the drawer back in. She's also the housecleaning cat. If a litter box needs to be changed, she goes to my husband (ha!) and meows at him until he cleans it. With ten litter boxes in the house, this happens three of four times a day--and she leads him to the offending box, watches while he cleans it, double checks his work and then rewards him with a lick on his hand if it meets her approval.

All our cats come when they're called--they recognize their names. Most can do some tricks. They rarely fight, are voracious lap kitties, and wrestle with each other for sleeping space on the DVR or the computers.

JimmyB27
02-04-2011, 10:15 PM
(3) sleeps in the bathroom sink.
http://icanhascheezburger.com/2009/08/05/funny-pictures-to-remove-face/

pinkrobot
02-04-2011, 10:46 PM
My cat walks around the house after he poops and meows for a long time. He's obsessed with sleeping in piles of laundry (dirty or clean). He'll try for HOURS to fit into a box that's only 1/3 his size. He attacks the TV screen when something on it is moving. He also frequently does that weird cat thing that involves walking sideways with an arched back and a crooked tail.

God, cats are idiots.

KaiaSonderby
02-04-2011, 10:54 PM
My cat walks around the house after he poops and meows for a long time. He's obsessed with sleeping in piles of laundry (dirty or clean). He'll try for HOURS to fit into a box that's only 1/3 his size. He attacks the TV screen when something on it is moving. He also frequently does that weird cat thing that involves walking sideways with an arched back and a crooked tail.

God, cats are idiots.

No, they're divine beings the likes of which we lowly humans cannot fathom. :D

pinkrobot
02-05-2011, 01:29 AM
No, they're divine beings the likes of which we lowly humans cannot fathom. :D

Much better description. :)

tinkikiwi
02-05-2011, 02:26 AM
We had this cat when I was really young that used to sleep on the stairs. I slept on the stairs with the cat too, so there are a tone of random various pictures of a chubby blonde toddler and a grey-ish little cat passed out in the sunny spot on the stairs.

cryaegm
02-05-2011, 06:11 AM
Is Merlin supersmart? My Bug is supersmart. Scary smart. I always wondered how he learned this trick. I suppose from watching the humans do it.
Oh, he's very smart. He just acts really, really dumb so we'd baby him.

heyjude
02-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Oh, he's very smart. He just acts really, really dumb so we'd baby him.

Oh he is smart! :)

We also have the World's Dumbest Cat, who, fortunately, is also the World's Cutest Cat.

I love these cat threads.

BardSkye
02-06-2011, 07:51 AM
All my cats are lost to old age now, but they all had at least one weird trait.

Calico was a mouser. She'd sit outside the kitchen window once she'd caught one and howl until someone went outside to congratulate the mighty huntress, then eat it. If nobody congratulated her, she'd leave it.

Texas loved water. Slept under the drip in the bathroom sink and insisted on sharing your bath with you. He'd paddle around for a while then beach himself on your chest for a while. We used water pistols to train our cats not to claw things like the couch, but he'd do it just to get sprayed. We had to start pinning balloons to the spots, which only worked until Shannon took a paw in the situation.

Shannon, Tex's brother, figured out how to detach the balloons without breaking them and would saunter off, balloon in his mouth while Tex took care of the furniture. Shannon was also the one who figured out how to open the fridge.

Frenchy was a collector. Green caterpillars, twigs, onion leaves from the neighbour's garden and anything sparkly. She managed to get at least one silver bracelet off to her stash somewhere as well as a diamond earring and the gods only know how much silver money. My husband would offer her a quarter to leave him alone when she was bugging him. She'd take the quarter and leave.

I heard a strange thumping noise one afternoon and Frenchy doing her chattering noise and investigated. She was halfway down the stairs with hubby's pocket watch.

I miss them all.

Broadswordbabe
02-06-2011, 04:43 PM
My old darling Rhondda used to bully the other cats (she was the oldest, and therefore, Queen) but if another animal tried it, she'd go for them. They were hers to bully, no-one else's. When she was old, nearly toothless, and lame, she stared down a dog that looked exactly like Butch out of Tom and Jerry. He saw her sitting in the garden gateway, got all growly, and started heading for her; I was getting ready to intervene, but she just stared at him until he went all wimpy and hid behind his owner. Mojo would play with the squirrels in next door's garden; they used to chase each other up and down trees. He'd hunt anything he could find, except the squirrels. It was as though he knew the neighbour was fond of them and didn't want to upset him by killing one. He also used to bring me presents, and once left a mousehead on the pillow, like a cat version of The Godfather. He liked to get under the bed, upside down, and pull himself around, really fast, by hooking his claws into the underside of the bed. Used to scare the cr*p out of houseguests when he did it in the middle of the night. He disappeared several years ago, still miss him like hell. Fabulous cat. The two I have now are less eccentric, though Egypt bullies her poor paranoid son (who is twice her size) something rotten, and Schroedinger (the son) will sit and miaow at you for hours, for no apparent reason except that he feels chatty.

LunaFancy
02-06-2011, 05:49 PM
My female cat prowls around the house doing the 'I have prey' yowl - dangling the white stalky bit of bok choy the rabbit didn't finish from her mouth.

She'll plonk it on the couch as a present for me too.:D

She does this frequently.

night-flyer
02-06-2011, 06:14 PM
I had a cat that would play fetch, like a dog. Throw a fuzzy ball across the room and he would go after it and bring it back and drop it at your feet. I miss him.

I currently have three indoor cats. Jinx, Dakota, and Sebastion.

Jinx is the trouble maker, gets on top of everything and knocks stuff down, she likes shiny things especially wrapped candy and cough drops. And she likes getting on your shoulder for walks around the house. She eats plastic bags if she's upset about something, so all plastic bags are banned or immediately thrown away.

Dakota never meows, not if she's hungry, or for any reason. Her voice is fine she just never sees the need to use it. If I snap my fingers one time she comes immediately, even if she's sleeping.

And Sebastion is my big, fat spoiled male. He struts around the house like he's a lion. He's fixed, but it doesn't stop him from thinking that he is the king of the house. He hides behind things and when I walk by he grabs my leg in a full hug, thinking he can bring me down.

Gugland
02-09-2011, 10:48 AM
I have a new feline friend - Zelda. She's my roommate's cat. But most people only pay attention to Charlie, the dog. He's a good dog, but...well, I'm just more of a cat person.

So over the few months I've been here, Zelda & I have become friends. She comes out every morning while I'm on the patio having my coffee and cigs for her morning petting. It seems to be the highlight of her day.

So now we have a routine: I get up, stumble out to the kitchen, make coffee, then amble back to my room to snooze until it's brewed. Zelda waits until the last few "gasps" of the coffee maker, then knows it's time to come to my door and ram it with her head until I wake up.

She's like a fat, grey, dandruff-ridden, squawking alarm clock (her meows sound more like duck calls than any kind of normal cat sounds...I swear I heard her say "Aflac" this morning).

Medievalist
02-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Why do they put . . . THINGS . . . in our shoes?

WHY?

Old Hack
02-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Because it's interesting watching our reactions, Lisa.

Our cat Tink uses the toilet, and was never taught to do it; Mabel reaches out and grabs our hands, and pulls them to her belly for stroking. They're both very clever.

Louie, however, hasn't yet worked out that if he goes out through the front door he can come back in via the cat flap. Bless his fluffy head.

SirOtter
02-09-2011, 12:48 PM
My daughter has a pair of high-top fuzzy slippers. mehitabel has taken to absconding with the left one - never the right - and dragging it around the house. Caitlin has to go searching for it every morning.

quicklime
02-09-2011, 08:17 PM
bolting across the room without reason

had 2 cats that would occasionally in mid-grooming look up with the tip 1/4 of their tongue still sticking out

in love with bags, boxes

our current cat will chase my wife into the bathroom to be scratched while my wife pees, and race down the stairs after her to hop into the basket of warm laundry, which she rides back up the stairs in until my wife either tosses her out so she can fold laundry, od sets the basket dowm and the cat has a nap in it.

all cats are experts at finding heat--a sunny spot on the carpet, lying against a vent, our siamese used to go sleep on top of the dryer while it was running to soak up the warmth

our current cat also steals food from the dog, especially eating in the minute or two the dog is outside crapping in the lawn if we fill the bowl while the dog is still out. Then the dog comes in and wolfs the food while the cat tries to steal a last bite or 2, and if she gets really pissy she'll bite the dog's face.

she will also bite the dog occasionally in a fit of pique if she comes to groom the dog (golden retriever)'s face and the dog has the audacity to get up and try walking off, yowling and nipping at her head.

JimmyB27
02-09-2011, 08:21 PM
she will also bite the dog occasionally in a fit of pique if she comes to groom the dog (golden retriever)'s face and the dog has the audacity to get up and try walking off, yowling and nipping at her head.
Reminds me of when we had two cats, they used to groom each other sometimes, and you just knew, every time, there was an impending fight on the horizon. They looked so cute, grooming each other, and then *swipe* *hiss* *spit* *yowl*