Agent search

Arch Stanton

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I polished my novel and it's ready to go out. It's an 81,000 word apocalyptic thriller laced with bizarre creatures, but it's set on earth. I'm wondering if anyone here with more experience can recommend agents for such a style.

I'm working on the query, and I have to admit I feel like vomiting from the nervousness.

Thanks for any pointers and happy writing.

Last edited:

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I polished my novel and it's ready to go out. It's an 81,000 word apocalyptic thriller laced with bizarre creatures, but it's set on earth. I'm wondering if anyone here with more experience can recommend agents for such a style.

I'm working on the query, and I have to admit I feel like vomiting from the nervousness.

Thanks for any pointers and happy writing.

Agentquery.com and Querytracker.com are good places to start your research. Search by genres, and then narrow your list as you check out each potential agent against the Beware & Background Checks forum, Publishers Marketplace, blog interviews, etc.

You can also look at books similar to yours and see who represents that author.

But you really need to do your own research. good luck!

~suki

HJGarrett

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authorheathergarrett.info
My best suggestion would be to look at the Author's websites in your genre and see if the state there who their reps are. Google the agent names and check their sites to see what they're taking.

Miriel

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Submitting your query to Queryletter Hell (in SYW) is also really helpful. They'll let you know if it's working or not.