Shout out to all who contributed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scribly

I a reel good riter.. i sware.
Registered
Reaction score
...to the section that runs down Agents' reputations.

I recently left my agent and I'm on the hunt again, and I have to say the info in these pages is a fantastic resource. If you contributed to these, then I say to you sincerely: thanks - really. You know who you are, and I salute you all.

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have to object to characterizing it as "running down agent's reputations". Bewares and background checks is a place for people to put their personal experience with agents and publishers. It is a place for checking the credentials of people/companies you may be considering submitting your manuscript to. It is a place to make sure the person/company you are considering has the experience and contacts to find your book a good home.

I won't say there is no one here at the Water Cooler who does not come just to denigrate some agent or publisher, but that is not the norm. I have not read all umpty hundred thousand posts in B & BC, but I have never seen anything intentionally spiteful.

MM

MaryMumsy

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You may be right, Kate. But that wasn't how I read it. If I misinterpreted Scribly, I'm sorry. Perhaps he/she will come by and clarify.

MM

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I actually had the same first thought as MM when I read this last night, but on a second read, I came to the same conclusion as Kate. I think he meant it as in "getting the run down" on someone, not tearing them apart.

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
Echoing MM and Cyia. The line between being genuine and sarcasm was tight in my reading of the post.

I actually came to AW through wank over a scam agent and saw all the wonderful advice and people here. Decided to pitch my tent and stay awhile! :D

Susan Coffin

Tell it like it Is
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.strokingthepen.com
Scribley,

I love the Bewares section, as they provide a wealth of information. I'm glad you were able to find the information you needed to make your decision. Good luck!

Scribly

I a reel good riter.. i sware.
Registered
Reaction score
Late reply on this thread - but yes, I was actually meaning that I was getting a handle on their reputations - no intended slur. (But admitedly a poor choice of words in retrospect). Great place, great resourse, great people here.

Last edited:

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Soory?

Maryn, unable to resist

MaryMumsy

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have repped the OP. I must have had my 'foreign language filter' set on some language other than Canadjian that day :D

MM

Status
Not open for further replies.