PDA

View Full Version : Fresh News Site Seeking Submissions

Director
02-01-2011, 06:11 PM
First of all I would like to say this is my first time posting on this forum, but I have been reading it for years. I just wanted to tell the community about my news site Teh Shit which went live yesterday. Right now the site is looking a little bare, but that is because the mission of the site is to give creative people a place to display their opinions on the current events that matter to them. I am unable to pay you for submissions, but I will soon be adding a link section where, if interested the sites and blogs of contributers will be advertised. I would appreciate it if some members of the community could check it out. Thanks for your time everyone.

Here is the link Teh Shit (http://tehshit.yolasite.com/)

kdbeaar
02-02-2011, 05:56 AM
I guess I'm getting old.

I don't know why I'd want to post on a site with a name like that. I'd like to think what I write isn't shit.

And in your one paragraph of information, there are so many typos I'm not sure how you expect to attract serious writers.

Mr. House
02-06-2011, 12:20 PM
The grammatical errors in the first paragraph turn me off.

Also, from what I have gathered, your website is an "opinions" website. As a writer trying to get his name out there, I must ask what makes your website any different from the millions of other blogs out there commenting on current events? Why should I write for your website when I could just as easily set up my own?

I'm not trying to bash you with any of these questions. I'm just curious.

NovelTk
02-06-2011, 12:46 PM
The title is a turn off for me due to the misspelling and profanity. I would be reluctant to submit because I would not want my work tagged along those lines. The projection that the title may be an abbreviation is confusing as well. Maybe you can explain why you chose the title and/or how it relates to your mission on the about us page. Clarity may draw more writers.

I like the format of the pages. Good luck with this project!