Am I crazy, or does this website exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callista Melaney

Registered
Reaction score
About a year ago I ran across a website that was basically a huge web of authors. For example, if you started off at Judy Blume's name, there were a whole bunch of author bubbles that sprouted off of Judy Blume, and you could click on another author bubble (let's say R.L. Stine) and there would be a new web of authors centered around R.L. Stine. I can't remember how I ended up there and no amount of googling has helped me find it again. Does anybody know of this website? Or did I just hallucinate it?

Callista Melaney

Registered
Reaction score
Oh my god, this is it!

Thanks for the help Terie. I was googling terms like "author web" so I definitely would not have been able to find this on my own. :)

Terie

Writer is as Writer does
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teriegarrison.com
Oh my god, this is it!

Thanks for the help Terie. I was googling terms like "author web" so I definitely would not have been able to find this on my own. :)

You're welcome. :) We got lucky: I thought the bookmark was on my old PC up in the attic, but it turns out that it was on the current one, too. I would never have remembered that the 'key' word for googling is 'map' rather than 'web'.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Very interesting comparison map of authors, but what exactly is the site comparing?

As I understand it the closer the names are together, then the more readers are bound to like/read the various authors.

I choose Andre Norton to see who she is linked with, and just about every SF/F author out there is on the map. Many of my favorites were at the edge, meaning they are so different from Norton that I should not have liked them. And yet, many that are closer to Norton, I never read or heard of...

While interesting, I am not sure how this map really helps explain what the correlation is from one author to the next or how readers might find and enjoy an author who is (similar ??? ), to the one they are searching for...

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
I found it pretty interesting. I shared with a few friends. We've noticed the same thing others have. Sometimes the associated authors seem a bit off, but it's a neat tool.

I like it for teaching purposes. If a student tells me they like an author, I now have an easier way of finding other things they might like :)

Konah

Registered
Reaction score
This is a pretty cool site, I had never heard of this before. I'll have to see how accurate it is to my tastes next time I swing by the bookstore :p Thanks for sharing!

Konah

citymouse

fantasy dweller
Registered
Reaction score
Well, this is certainly interesting.

Nick! Is that you in your avatar? I've been practicing Iaido for about 5 years. Can't say I'm much good at it though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.