PDA

View Full Version : Beta Reader/Crit Partner Wanted

savingthesecrets
02-01-2011, 03:58 AM
Hi all!

I'm new to the boards and I'm hoping to find a beta reader/critique partner/friend. While I was in college, I was lucky enough to have a small crit. group that met in person; however, I recently moved and I'm looking for a new critique partner. Writing is solitary, but I've found one of my favorite parts is the collaboration, and I'm looking for someone who is serious about their writing and also a friend to support through all the ups and downs of the creative process.

Though I'm new to the boards, I promise I'm not entirely new to the "writing" world and I'll be starting in a MFA program in the summer so I promise I'll provide thorough and detailed feedback. I prefer substantive, critical critiques that will help improve my writing and I always strive to provide the same to my crit. partners.

My preference would be for someone who writes YA, but I'm flexible, especially considering I'm the new kid here! I write light paranormal/sci-fi YA, but I love all types (contemporary, fantasy, sci-fi, whatever--but please no more than 100K!) Some of my favorite YA writers are Melissa Marr, Carrie Ryan, Kristin Cashore and John Green.

Please let me know if you're interested. I'm looking forward to making some new "writing" friends!

Thanks!

Lina

LivingDork
02-01-2011, 07:07 PM
HI!
I love Carrie Ryan's books, too! You might like what I've got, it's a modern YA zombie survival novel, meant to be the first in a 6-book series. I am curious what you are working on, and would like a chance to talk a little more. :)