PDA

View Full Version : Beta partner(s) wanted: please apply within!

Rowan
01-29-2011, 07:05 PM
*Deleted*

Esmeralda
01-31-2011, 02:45 AM
Hello Rowan. I've read lots of your comments and would love to have you as a beta partner. I've tried critique groups, but I work long hours and don't always have the time.
I have two manuscripts ready to be critiqued...several more in my head.
My first manuscript is about terrorists using oil tankers to smuggle bombs into major world cities. Two male, one female main characters. Do you know anything about voodoo and tarot?
The second one is a dystopian story set 20 years after the first. They are separate stories with only one character actually continuing on. The three main characters are 16 year old girls. Ever read The Handmaid's Tale?
Please let me know if you are interested. I also don't require line edits. I want to know what works and what doesn't before I query again.
I read constantly. I'm not too picky..if it looks good, I'll read it. I love fantasy, thrillers, crime stuff, and contemporary best sellers.
I'm really ready to move forward. Editing now after finishing The First Five Pages and several other good editing books.

Rowan
01-31-2011, 03:56 AM
Hello Rowan. I've read lots of your comments and would love to have you as a beta partner. I've tried critique groups, but I work long hours and don't always have the time.
I have two manuscripts ready to be critiqued...several more in my head.
My first manuscript is about terrorists using oil tankers to smuggle bombs into major world cities. Two male, one female main characters. Do you know anything about voodoo and tarot?
The second one is a dystopian story set 20 years after the first. They are separate stories with only one character actually continuing on. The three main characters are 16 year old girls. Ever read The Handmaid's Tale?
Please let me know if you are interested. I also don't require line edits. I want to know what works and what doesn't before I query again.
I read constantly. I'm not too picky..if it looks good, I'll read it. I love fantasy, thrillers, crime stuff, and contemporary best sellers.
I'm really ready to move forward. Editing now after finishing The First Five Pages and several other good editing books.

Wow, thank you! (Hopefully you weren't poking around in P&CE or the Hoarding thread). :tongue

The Tarot features prominently in my AUF MS. I don't know a lot about voodoo, just the basics. I'm well-versed in terrorism though, and anything LE related. I haven't read the Handmaid's Tale. Do you write in 1st or 3rd? Past tense?

I've gotten quite a few responses to this thread (thank you, everyone). Why don't we exchange a few chapters for critique and go from there? I always feel it's a good idea to get a feel for a writer's style/voice/skill etc. before committing to a full crit.

I'll PM you an e-mail address later today or tomorrow at the latest.

And no hard feelings if we don't end up on the same "page". :)

Rowan
02-03-2011, 12:09 AM
THREAD CLOSED. Thank you to all who responded! :)

ETA:
For those who have 'beta swapped' with me: Your work will not be discussed online, via Twitter, this forum, etc. I expect the same in return. (I thought this would be a given, but have since learned otherwise.)