Back cover blurbs' critique

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
A new thread in the Self-publishing and POD sub-forum critiques art covers; what a great idea. Later, I was floating through a list of self-published books and read many of the back cover blurbs/synopsis/teasers. Many are confusing and littered with errors.

I was wondering if there's a thread or sub-forum for folks who are going to self-publish to post their draft back cover blurbs/synopsis/teaser for critique. So many of the back covers' text could use some new eyes to ferret out issues: poor grammar, a confusing synopsis or teaser, using a number rather than spelling it out, and so on.

I'm not published, self or otherwise ... yet. I thought such a thread might help our self-published authors sell a few books that stimulates a prospective reader with a high-class blurb.

I had checked the SYW forums. Perhaps Self-Publishing and POD isn't the right place either. Or maybe I just missed the right place.

FocusOnEnergy

Empirical Storm Trooper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
focusonenergy.wordpress.com
A good idea, I spent more time tinkering with my back cover than I did with the front, and what I ended up with was completely different from what I started out with.

I learned during the process that it is much easier to write marketing copy for someone else's product than your own.

Focus

valeriec80

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Generally speaking, I just end up posting these in Query Letter Hell. After all, a blurb is a blurb is a blurb, I figure.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
QLH is fine or in here is fine. The back cover is still part of the overall cover. Post and critique away.