• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta reader/ Mentor for YA Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.H Wicker

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a new writer looking for a beta reader/ mentor for my YA Fantasy with a bit of children. It is simiar to the HP and Narnia books.

I'm looking for someone who will help me with my grammar and punctuation, but feel free to state anything else you find wrong with it. I'm not exactly thick skinned, maybe semi-thick. I'll whine and be depressed about it for a few hours but eventually i'll suck it up and get on with the work.

Another mjor problem I have it that I miss letters. I read so fast that I basically scan through what i'm reading and I barely even notice that maket is missing an R.

What I can bring to the table
If you need to bounce ideas of me, feel free. Even though I am willing to admit my weakness( descriptive) I also know that my strenght is my lack of writers block and my ability generate a magnitude of ideas, as long as i'm given a base. e.g a boy on a boat with a cat and a shoe. (no I have not generated and idea from that and i don't know where it came from but it did.)

AllieKat

just a writer, unbranded
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewritinglifeforme.blogspot.com
Missing letters isn't hard to fix. You can use spell-check. I like the automatic one that Microsoft Word has. It catches some grammar errors, too. Do you have Word? :)

T.H Wicker

Registered
Reaction score
Missing letters like " i instead of is" or "the instead of they"
The spel-lcheck automatically thinks it's okay. :)

AllieKat

just a writer, unbranded
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewritinglifeforme.blogspot.com
I see. :) Sometimes Word catches mistakes like that, sometimes not. It depends if they are ungrammatical, I think.

I hope you find someone to exchange work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.