PDA

View Full Version : Various Niche Articles Needed $5 - $15

writelance
01-29-2011, 02:44 AM
Various niche articles are needed on a regular basis. Current needs are posted on the website and change regularly. Check out the Terms of Service page before submitting.

http://freelancewritersresource.com/

(http://freelancewritersresource.com/)

DarkDesireX
01-30-2011, 12:36 AM
3. We will pay writers via Paypal 15 days after publication so that we may properly Copyscape the work and make sure it has not been published elsewhere online. If the article appears elsewhere we will take it down from our website, no payment will be made and we will not accept further submissions from the writer.

9. For submissions, please send one Microsoft Word document attached to your email. It cannot exceed 1mb. Please allow 1 week for editors to review your submission. You will only be contacted if your submission is accepted. All submissions that are not accepted will be deleted. If you have not heard back from us after 2 weeks, you are free to submit another article.

These two terms give me pause. Why can't you copyscape immediately? There are a number of article companies out there and you never have to give them your work without accepted payment. Even London Brokers (a fairly simple article website) doesn't have this long wait for a maybe.

Secondly, are you going to be hiring more editors in the future, so that this is prevented? Again, a week's wait for an article is still a little daunting. I understand you may be just starting out and the caseload may be demanding but you're asking writers to put a lot of unestablished faith in you here.

Lyra Jean
01-30-2011, 12:41 AM
Interesting. I'll be waiting for an answer to the above poster.

LIVIN
01-31-2011, 08:18 PM
With only allowing 1 article to be "in the submission process at a time" and with at least a week of turnaround, this means a small amount of actual writing jobs, even if this pans out.

Personally, I'd edit the "Terms of Service" page to remove the various grammatical errors I found, before telling people their submissions must be error free. But, that's just me.

Third, the link is a blog with one post.

writelance
02-02-2011, 05:00 AM
DarkDesireX, in regard to Copyscape it has been my experience that this service does not work well with work that is unpublished or freshly published as Google has not had time to index it yet. In the past, I’ve plopped an article on a blank web page, Copyscaped it and it turned out negative. A week later, after the piece has been published and indexed by Google, I’ve Copyscaped it again only to find out the same article was published 2 years ago on Ezine Articles.

Second, if a week’s wait is a little daunting, then you’ve never worked with print media before. I’m a writer myself and just published a magazine article and got paid 6 weeks after publication which is quick for print media. Online it’s different but it revolves around the Copyscape issue for me.

Livin, if you’ve published at Ezine Articles you’ll realize that 1 week turnaround time is the norm there, so my turnaround time is no different. I found one grammatical error on the TOS page, so thanks for calling my attention to that.

Yes, the link is a blog with one post. This is a new website. I’ve been buying articles from Elance and Digital Point writers for several years now and want a change. With those services I don’t get to see what I’m buying before I’ve already paid for it. I’ve got a couple dozen websites / blogs that need content. I've put up a website as a resource so that writers can check regularly for the changing needs I have for articles. You are free to submit if you wish.

LIVIN
02-02-2011, 09:01 PM
I found one grammatical error on the TOS page, so thanks for calling my attention to that.

You're welcome.

dwrite
02-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Hey, Livin:

Speaking of grammatical errors, that should be you're welcome.

shelleyo
02-03-2011, 08:39 AM
You can take anything freshly written and run it through Copyscape. It compares that document to the entire Google index, so if there's a duplicate online, it catches it.

The article does NOT have be published online or cached in any way for you to check it for plagiarism. I've been using Copyscape for years, and have never put anything I've checked for duplication online to do so.

Of course, I pay the nickel per article to paste it in and check it, and I don't use the free model. A nickel per article is a small price to pay to check instantly and simplify accounting and reporting.

Shelley

writelance
02-04-2011, 03:25 AM
You can take anything freshly written and run it through Copyscape. It compares that document to the entire Google index, so if there's a duplicate online, it catches it.

The article does NOT have be published online or cached in any way for you to check it for plagiarism. I've been using Copyscape for years, and have never put anything I've checked for duplication online to do so.

Of course, I pay the nickel per article to paste it in and check it, and I don't use the free model. A nickel per article is a small price to pay to check instantly and simplify accounting and reporting.

Shelley

My experience has been different. Iíve posted several articles that have passed Copyscape initially only for them to fail a week later and take them down. The writer has already been paid and feedback given so Iíve had no recourse. I will not repeat this same mistake.

shelleyo
02-04-2011, 04:20 AM
Your experience has been different using the FREE version. As you said, it can't compare text that isn't indexed yet.

The paid version works exceedingly well, gives instant results, and saves you having to post the article first then worry about following up. I've not had a single problem in several years. You might give it a try--the time saved is well worth that nickel.

Shelley

writelance
02-04-2011, 10:13 PM
I use both premium and the free version depending upon my needs and have experienced the same phenomena with both. As described above I went the free route first and when I started mistrusting the results I went the paid route and still got a false negative.

It doesn't happen often, but it has happened and it has cost me time and money. I've used Copyscape for a few years now. I've only started to experience the problem within the past 6 months.

Obviously our experiences with Copyscape are different. I'm glad you have not experienced this problem. Work goes a lot more smoothly when you don't have to worry about things like this.

JulieBeth
02-09-2011, 07:02 AM
I have never heard of that happening with Copyscape. That's a bummer that it happened to you.... But, let's say it does - this "penalty" myth is so widespread and not true. If you collect hundreds of articles a month from people and one or two somehow get by Copyscape - it really is not that big of a deal. People use eZine articles in their websites and still get plenty of traffic. Just my thoughts.

IDGS
02-10-2011, 05:26 AM
1 article / week for 5 to 15 bucks? Why not just use Demand Studios where I can send in as many as I want for 15 bucks a shot? The topics suck, the system is glitchy, but at least I can turn a profit.